CHAPTER 33

Last night the men took us out for that dinner we extorted. Udar and Ismail did manage to get us a booking at the restaurant. We all had a great time until it was time to pay. Fatima and I were only joking about making them pay, but they took it seriously. In the end, Fatima and I graciously allowed them to pay, not wanting the evening to end on a sour note.

Fatima and I plan to go to the spa for a good massage after our two weeks of work in Iceland. Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah), we are through with advertising our app to all the hotels and tour guide companies in various countries. Some did not sign with us, but overall, it was a success. And I am sure once others see its success, we will get more interest.

While I am getting my massage, my phone starts buzzing with text messages. I put my phone on silent so no one would disturb me, but it seems this person found another way to get my attention. I pick up my phone to find out who is disturbing me when my phone starts ringing. Ismail is the one calling.

"Umit, I am sorry to disturb you while you are at the spa, but it's urgent," Ismail says as soon as I answer.

"It better be important for you to disturb me. So, what is the problem?" I reply.

"We don't have fireworks," Ismail sounds very worried.

"How can we not have fireworks? We ordered them earlier this week and were assured they would be delivered today." I say panicking because it's the most important thing we need for tonight.

"Yes, we did, but the delivery boy fell sick, so they don't have anyone to bring it to us. We have to go and get them ourselves," Ismail says, pacing up and down. I can hear him pacing through the phone.

"Why can't you go and get them? Why are you calling me?"

"Because the hall we booked is being used."

"What do you mean, being used?" I say feeling like today is not just our day.

"They made a mistake and double booked the hall. A couple booked it for a wedding before us, so we have to look for another venue." Ismail says sounding stressed.

"Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)! Why are these things happening today."

"I don't know, but we have to do something and fast."

"Alright, this is what we are going to do. I am going to get the fireworks while you look for another hall for tonight. Make sure not to tell Udar. We don't want him getting nervous about tonight," I say praying we will be able to make everything work in time.

"Alright I won't, and I am guessing I will see you in an hour or two."

"Yes, see you later," I say hanging up.

I make up an excuse to Fatima before leaving her at the spa. Fatima is not meant to know about the fireworks so I can't tell her that I am going to get them. I have to drive to another city not too far from where we are. Luckily for us, we still have plenty of time before the dinner.

I arrive at the store in time. Ismail called them before I arrived, so they had the fireworks ready for me when I arrived. I quickly collect them and start driving back so I have enough time to get ready for tonight. While driving, I call Ismail to find out how everything is going.

"Ismail, please tell me you have good news," I say as soon as he picks up.

"Yes, I was able to get us a hall. What about you?" Ismail says sounding relieved.

"Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah), and I have the fireworks. I should be back in half an hour."

"Masha Allah, till you arrive," Ismail says hanging up.