CHAPTER 17

For the past week, I have been sending my passport back and forth to embassies. And If I don't have all my visas ready by the end of the week, Ismail will have me served up on a silver platter for dinner. Ismail had to push back the trip to next week because of me. I feel bad, but there is nothing I can do about it except pray and hope to have all my visas by next week.

I am currently at a car workshop, getting my car back from repair. I am about to get into my vehicle when I get a call from Waheeda.

.

"Wa alaykumu as-salam. Where are you, sis?" Waheeda asks.

"I am fine, thank you for asking," I return with sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"I don't need to ask you that as I saw you this morning, so I know you are fine," Waheeda says chuckling.

.

"I know, I try my best. Anyway, I am calling to ask where you are," Waheeda says.

"Why are you asking? But I am at the mechanics."

"Can you please pick up some ingredients on your way home, and what are you doing there?"

"Send a list of the things you need, and I came to get my car. I had it fixed," I say.

"Ya Allah! Girl, that car is nothing but trouble. You are spending more money on repairs then driving it."

.

Please, next time don't have it fixed again just get a new car."

"Don't worry, sis. I will get a new one soon," I say thinking about the next car I should get.

"Better, and I have sent the list to you."

"Alright, I will get you everything on my way home," I tell her.

"Ma' as-salama, (Goodbye) see you when you get home," Waheeda says, hanging up.

I am parking my car in the garage, and notice Ismail is just getting home too.

.

"Wa alaykumu as-salam," Ismail greets me.

"How was your day at work?" I ask, handing him some groceries to take inside.

"It was fine, but I see you got your car repaired! Didn't you have it in for repairs not so long ago?" Ismail says shocked. "Why don't you just get a new car."

"I will soon, but I am waiting for the right time."

"And when is the right time, miss?"

"I could help you pick one out if you want."

"I don't mind, and maybe next week we could have a look before we go on our trip."

"Sure, anytime you like."

.

.

.

"I have something important to discuss with you both after dinner," Waheeda says.

"Alright," Ismail says

"Okay," I reply.

After finishing dinner and our evening prayers we sit down in the living room. Ismail, Aazim and I are waiting for Waheeda to tell us what is so important...

"I have, or rather, we have called both of you here to tell you something," Waheeda says taking Aazim's hands in hers.

"You all know our wedding anniversary is coming up, so we decided to get away for a romantic holiday," Aazim tells us.