CHAPTER 26

Ismail and I have arrived at the hotel where we are meeting the owner to discuss our app, but he or she hasn't arrived yet. I am about to suggest to Ismail that maybe we should leave, when a guy who looks like he just rushed out of bed walks up to our table.

"I am so sorry for being late Mr Uthman, I had an unexpected issue I had to deal with," he says with a thick French accent while adjusting his tie. He is tall, over 6 feet, has black hair, a lean build and doesn't look older than 26 or 27.

"It's fine, Mr. Baron," Ismail answers.

"And who might this lovely lady be?" Mr Baron asks, checking me out from head to toe with lust in his eyes.

"I am Miss Isa," I say primly, trying not to sound hostile because I don't like the way he is looking at me.

"If I had known such a pretty lady was waiting for me, I would have come sooner," Mr Baron says smirking.

"I think we should get back to the reason we are here," Ismail interrupts in a stern voice.

"Aha! We should," Mr Baron says and tries to touch my hand on the table. But before I can pull my hand away, Ismail does the unthinkable.

"Don't ever touch a lady who does not want you to touch her," Ismail says removing Mr. Baron's hand away from mine, giving it a hard squeeze.

"Que se passe-t-il, (What the hell,)" Mr Baron grimaces holding his hand in pain.

"Umit, let's go. I don't do business with perverts," Ismail says, walking out. I quickly follow him.

"Ismail are you alright?" I am shocked by what just happened and notice he is angry.

"I can't believe he wanted to lay his filthy hands on you," Ismail says sounding very angry.

"It's fine, he did not touch me," I say trying to calm Ismail down.

"If he did, I don't think he'd still have his hands now," Ismail replies ominously.

"Ismail you need to calm down, could you sit-down," I say steering us toward a chair in the lobby.

"A'oothu billaahi minash-Shaytaanir-rajeem, (I seek refuge in Allah, from Satan the outcast)" he exclaims, sitting down looking calmer already.

"That's better and thank you for what you did," I am happy he is calming down and pleased he protected me from the advances made by Mr. Baron. I never knew Ismail cared for me like this. Seeing him get mad over the fact that someone almost touched my hand makes me happy. I don't know why, but I am starting to think maybe Emma and Fatima are right after all. Unless I'm overthinking it and any man would do the same in Ismail's place, but I just feel it's more than that.

"I would do it again if I have to, any day, any time," Ismail smiles sheepishly.

"I am sorry you lost the deal. If I hadn't come, then it wouldn't have happened, and you wouldn't have lost the deal," I say feeling bad.

"No, don't be sorry. I am happy you came because I was able to see the type of man Mr Baron is, and I don't care to engage in business with someone like him," Ismail says with a little smile.

"Alright then," I sigh.

We drive back to the hotel since we don't have another meeting until tomorrow. I want to spend some time with Emma. However, I am not really surprised that when I knock on her door the person that opens the door is not Emma.

"Hey, Umit, come in," Austin says moving to the side to allow me to step in.

"Hi, Austin, how are you?"