CHAPTER 27

A week has gone by so quickly. I am exhausted from all the meetings we had. It is Saturday and I have been sleeping all morning, although I woke up for Fajr. I am trying to pretend that I can't hear Emma banging on my door for me to wake up, but too late for that because I am already up. I walk lazily to my door and open it before she breaks it down.

"Umit, why are you not dressed," Emma says walking into my room.

"Because I was sleeping before you decided to wake me up," I answer going back to my bed.

"You can't go back to sleep. Have you forgotten we have to go shopping today," Emma says pulling me up.

"I didn't forget, I just want a few more hours of sleep," I try to lie back down.

"I know you are tired but today and tomorrow are the only days you are going to be free before the gala. So, please get your lazy body off the bed so we can go," Emma says pulling me up with force while marching me to the bathroom.

"I don't like you," I tell her, trying to keep my eyes open while trying to stand straight.

"I love you too, now get in the shower," Emma says pushing me into the bathroom.

After a quick shower I dress in a pair of black jeans, a white t-shirt, a blue denim jacket, a pair of black ankle boots, a shoulder handbag, a blue hajib, and a pair of sunglasses. Emma and I meet Fatima in the lobby and take a taxi to the mall.

Hours later, we are done shopping. We were lucky to find the dresses we liked today. We don't have to come back tomorrow so I can sleep to my heart's content. We are having something to eat before heading back to the hotel when a woman walks toward us. I don't know her, but I am guessing Emma does because she speaks to her first.

"Oh, Emma, is that you?" The woman looks like a model. She has long thin legs. Her black hair is styled to perfection and she wears just enough make-up to enhance her beauty; she is a beautiful woman.

"Yes, it's me, Anna," Emma answers with disgust in her tone.

Wait. Is she the same Anna Emma told me about earlier? It might be her, but why would she show her face to Emma after what she did. Maybe she wants to apologise.

"How are you doing? I heard you got back with that lying cheating ass of a boyfriend of yours," Anna says with a fake smile on her face.

Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)! What did this woman just say? Did she just insult Austin in front of Emma? I don't even give Emma a chance to respond before I give her a piece of my mind.

"What did you just say? Because it takes two to tango and we all know who he was accused of cheating with. So, keep your filthy mouth shut!" I say making sure to emphasize the word accused.

"Who the hell are you to talk to me like that," Anna demands angrily.

"Who the hell am I? I am the one who will put you in your place if you don't leave with what little dignity you have left," I reply with disgust.

"Aha! So rude," Anna says flipping her hair while walking away.

"I'm rude? You have not seen anything. Come back here and I'll make you regret ever speaking to Emma that way," I hiss while she walks away. 

"Umit, I don't even know what to say," Emma starts laughing.

"You don't have to say anything. People like her, I know how to handle them," I start laughing too.

"Umit, will you ever change," Fatima joins in while shaking her head.

"What is there to change? Because as far as I am concerned, I did nothing wrong. I only made her know her place because she has no right to speak like that about Austin. Not when she is the one who framed him," I chuckle, thinking I was able to hold my tongue as well as I did. If not for the sake of Allah, the words I would have said... Let's just say they wouldn't be pretty.