CHAPTER 53

We both finish eating breakfast and walk to David's study. We walk in and take our seats. Once we are all seated, David is the first one to speak up.

"Thank you both for coming..." David says, but Ismail cuts him short.

"Why are you being so formal? It's not like this is a business deal or something," Ismail chuckles.

"Shut up and let me talk, Ismail," David replies.

"Sorry, go on," Ismail says making a hand gesture, smiling sheepishly.

"As I was saying before 'Mister I know it all' spoke. I want..."

"I am not 'A know it all'. I just asked why you spoke so formal," Ismail interrupts again.

"Ismail, let the man talk," I say holding back my laughter, because seeing the two of them bicker is fun to watch.

"Thank you, Umit, and Ismail don't open your mouth until you are told to do so," David says, and I just shake my head smiling.

"Umit, you are supporting him, you of all people should be on my side," Ismail says, sounding like he is really hurt, but I clearly know he is faking it.

"Ismail there are no sides here. You are just starting an argument. I don't even know what you are trying to do here, but there are no sides," I say sternly, but secretly thinking Ismail is quite the character.

"Did I not tell you not to talk until you are told to do so? And for what it's worth, she is on my side," David smirks while tapping his chest.

"Please, I am not on anybody's side. Can we go back to the reason we are here?" I say not quite understanding where this conversation is leading.

"I am watching you, David, that's my lady you are talking about," Ismail says pointing his fingers to his eyes, and back at David.

"OKAY! That's enough! Please, can we go back to the main topic" I say, but smiling at the fact Ismail called me his lady and the way they are behaving is also making me laugh.

"Alright, jokes apart. I wanted to speak to the both of you to help me with a plan to put Mr. Alberto in prison. We need a plan so good; he won't suspect it coming his way," David says.

"Alright, but if I may ask, why are we the ones helping you and not your fellow officers?" I ask.

"One, because I am meant to be dead and two, Mr. Alberto has people in the station who give him Intel any time I have a lead on him, so I can't trust anyone there yet. I have to be sure I have solid evidence against him before I make myself known to the world again."

"Okay, I feel like the best way to get evidence against someone like him, is to get close to him. He looks like a private person, so someone has to gain his trust and get close to him to get information on him." I voice, thinking out loud.

"That's a good idea Umit, but Mr Alberto knows my face, and knows Ismail's face. You are..." David says but is cut short by Ismail.

"No! Umit is not going anywhere near that man," Ismail says shocking me with the way he disagreed before David could even finish talking.

"Wow, I did not know you disliked him so much," I say.

"It's not about the fact that I dislike him, I just don't want you near that man," Ismail says using a softer tone to speak this time, and I clearly understand what he means without saying it.

"Alright, it's fine. I won't get anywhere close to him," I assure him.

Ismail is not someone who makes a judgment without reason. So, there must be a good reason for him to react so strongly, not wanting me near the man. And I won't lie, I do kind of like the protectiveness. It's nice to have the man you are in love with wanting to protect you.