CHAPTER 18

The next day I do my morning routine of prayers and exercise, and after breakfast I drive the children to school. I am wearing a brown sweater, wide leg trousers, orange tote bag, an orange hajib and leopard heels. I drop the kids at school and drive to the office.

I have been working all day, and now I am on my way to pick the kids up from school. I prayed Dhuhr (Afternoon) prayer before leaving the office. As I am walking out of my office I see Fatima and Emma walking towards me like they have a bone to pick with me. I hope I have done nothing wrong.

"Where are you going to?" Fatima blocks my way not allowing me to pass.

"You have been avoiding us all week," Emma states, putting her hands on her hips.

"How can you guys say that? I would never avoid you guys. I have just been swamped that's all." I realize I have hardly spoken to either of them this last week.

"Really? Because if you are not avoiding us, where are you going now?" Fatima says crossing her arms.

"I am going to pick up the kids from school," I say making my way to the elevator.

"Since when do you pick up the kids?" Fatima asks following me.

"Since my sister is on holiday." I enter the elevator with Fatima and Emma closely following.

"Oh please, what is really going on? I have not spoken to you in a week."

"Yes, even I haven't spoken to you in a while," Emma says.

"Guys, it's nothing serious. I have just been busy with the visa stuff that's all," I say stepping out of the elevator.

"I hope so because I was scared something happened to you," Fatima says.

Emma.

"Are you serious! So, because I didn't message or call you guys for a week that must mean something was wrong? Are you my keeper that I must talk to you guys every day?" I laugh while leaving the building to walk to my car.

also.

"I love you guys," I say hugging them.

"Are you coming with me? And please can someone explain to me why this lady in the black suit keeps following us?" I whisper.

"You're what now?" I ask confused.

"I will explain in the car." Fatima says.

The lady in the black suit gets in the car with us.

"So now can you explain to me why you have a bodyguard?" I ask driving away.

.

"Why?"

"I spoke to Udar about that lady who accosted me. He said he doesn't know who she is or why she approached me. But he said he would investigate it, and I should be careful. And he got me a bodyguard to make sure I am safe," Fatima says.

"Wow, he must think she could be dangerous for him to get you a bodyguard," I say.

"Yeah, I pray she stays far away from you!" Emma says.

"I pray so, too. But I still feel like a bodyguard is too much. No offence, Joy," Fatima says to her bodyguard.

"Yeah. And Emma how are things with Austin?" I ask.

"We went to see his Grandmother and ever since then she has been getting better," Emma replies.

.