CHAPTER 51

We drive for what seems like an hour before coming to a stop. I get out of the car, expecting to see a house or something, or anything else but what I am seeing right now. We're standing in front of a helicopter!

"Ismail, where are we going?" I ask not understanding what is going on.

"We have to leave the city for a while," Ismail says as he walks over to the helicopter, and start pressing and checking all kinds of stuff.

"Why do we have to leave the city? Is that really necessary? Can't we stay at a hotel or something?" I whine feeling like leaving the city is a bit too much.

"Yes, we do. It's risky staying here, so we have to leave."

"Are you sure leaving is the best idea?"

"Do you trust me, Umit?"

"Yes, I do."

"Then we have to leave and now."

"Alright"

We step into the helicopter, trusting Ismail knows where he plans to take us.

While we are in the helicopter, I remember something important.

"Ismail," I say getting his attention.

"Yes, Umit," Ismail says, his attention on flying the helicopter.

"We did not tell anyone what's going on. I am probably sure everyone will be worried sick about us. Austin was checking the other floors when I found you. We need to at least them know that we are safe." I say fearing by now Waheeda and the others will be imagining the worst.

"You are right Umit. When we land, I will ask for a phone and call someone to let them know we are safe."

"Alright, and are we getting close to where we are going?"

"Yes, we will be there soon."

"Okay."

We land on a big open field after an hour or so. We step out into the biggest compound I have ever seen in my life. It is bigger than big, massive is the right word to describe this place. I wonder where we are. A man who looks a little older than Ismail walks towards us.

"Ismail is that you?" the man says.

"Yes, it's me. Sorry to disturb you so late at night, but it was urgent we left the city."

"It's fine; you are welcome here anytime and who is this beautiful lady you have here with you."

"This is Umit."

"Hi, Umit, I am David," the man says.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, David. David, David..." I say recalling the David I know as Ismail's friend is dead. Is he another David, or is he not really dead?

"Yes, David, the David who is meant to be dead." David answers smiling.

"But how?" I ask trying to understand what is going on.

"I will explain everything, but first let's go inside. You both look like you have a far more interesting story to tell me. Besides, you are bleeding, and we need to clean the wounds. This way please," David says as he leads Ismail and me inside his house.

Umit, you are bleeding?" Ismail exclaims giving me a proper look since we ran. I look at my hands, and yes, I am bleeding. I have cuts on my knuckles from breaking the glass, and my fingers from holding the glass. I am also bleeding on my face due to the cut the man gave to my face.

We go in through the back door. We step into an empty hallway. I look up and see the biggest chandelier I have ever seen in my life. It is a crystal chandelier, and a very beautiful one at that. I am beginning to wonder how a police officer can afford such a luxurious house. Even the fact that he is alive after I was told he is dead is still a big shock to me. I guess I will just wait for a good explanation from Ismail because nothing is making sense again.