CHAPTER 57

"How long do you think it is going to be before he comes?" I ask wondering if he is coming at all, because an hour has gone and there is no sign of the man.

"He should be here any minute according to our observations. He comes here every day by 9:00 p.m. and it's 8:50 p.m."

"Alright, but do you know something."

"What"

"I don't even know what he looks like."

"Really?" Ismail asks surprised.

"Yes, I have never seen his face, only his back."

"Oh, that's right. But don't worry when he comes, I will point him out for you."

"There won't be any need for that because he is here," I say, seeing the scary man whose nose I broke, walk in beside a man who looks like his boss.

"Really, how do you know?" Ismail says and is about to turn his head, but I stop him before we draw attention to ourselves.

"Don't turn, it will look suspicious. I can see the scary man from last time with someone who looks like his boss," I say, seeing them walk in together.

"Oh, does he look like an older version of all those Italian men on the cover of a magazine?" Ismail asks using the funniest way to describe him.

"Yes, he does," I chuckle. "but why did you describe him like that?"

"I don't know, it just popped into my head."

"Really?"

"And I think it's because you love that type of magazine more than anything."

"I do not." I say smiling, because I do love magazines with Italian men on the cover, but I doubt it's as much as Ismail says.

"Umit, you have more than 100 magazines with Italian men on it. I am even beginning to doubt you love me as much as you love them," Ismail says trying to sound hurt, but I can tell he is joking.

"Maybe I have a lot, but not 100 and I love you. I don't love them, I just admire them," I murmur, thinking a 100 is a bit of an exaggeration.

"Umit, you have more than 100, and I don't want you admiring any man except me. You should only admire me, me, and me alone."

"I will my love, but why are we having this conversation right now? Shouldn't we be watching Mr Alberto?"

"We are, but I wanted us to not look suspicious and look like we are having a normal conversation."

"Oh, and I can't see them anymore," I look around, but there is no sign of them.

"I can see them; they are right above us. They are taking a left turn, and they just entered the third door on the right."

"Alright, so what do we do now?" I ask having no clue what to do from here.

"Now we are going to wait and see if anyone else enters the same room or comes out. If someone who looks important goes in or comes out, it will tell us if he does his deals here or not."

"Yeah, and if it's only waiters that go in and out, it could also mean he just comes here to drink."

"Yeah."

"Alright then, let the wait begin."

Ismail and I have been waiting for more than an hour now. No one has gone in or out of the room Mr. Alberto entered, not even waiters. I am about to tell Ismail that maybe he just comes here to drink when a door above us finally opens. I pray it is the same door Mr. Alberto walked into.