CHAPTER 36

Three days have gone by and we know nothing more about Abeela's whereabouts so far. We are still praying and looking. In Shaa Allah we will find her soon. I am driving home after visiting Fatima and her family. I have not gone back to work. I plan to go back next week.

The only thing we know for sure is that the video sent to Aisha was sent from Abeela's phone. The phone's location did not give us anything beneficial, except where to find Abeela's car. The phone was dumped with the car, and other than that we have not found anything else.

I drive through our gates but see moving trucks parked at our front porch. What is going on? Is someone moving in or out? I quickly park my car in the garage and walk inside to find out what is going. I see Waheeda walking outside with a box in her hands. I walk towards her to find out what is happening.

"Good! You are back, could you help me with this box while I go and get the rest from inside?" Waheeda says. Before I even get the chance to speak, she places the box in my hands.

"Waheeda what is going on? Who is moving out?" I ask totally confused, taking the box from her.

"You didn't know? Ismail is moving out today," Waheeda says, looking shocked that I didn't know.

"Ismail is what?" I say wide-eyed, dropping the box to the ground with a loud thud. I don't wait for Waheeda to answer me before I take the stairs straight to Ismail's room.

I can't believe he is leaving. He did not even care to tell me. Is he leaving because of our argument in Iceland? Did what I did really hurt him that bad. I don't even know what I did to upset him. Since Abeela has gone missing, Ismail and I have not really spoken much. My mind and energy have been on finding Abeela. I have been trying every means to find Abeela. I was even close to hacking NASA satellite to see if I could find Abeela faster, if not for Fatima stopping me. She said she did not want to lose another sister while trying to find the other.

"Ismail you are leaving. Why?" I say walking into his room, not even bothering to knock as the door was open.

"Umit, you are home...," he says like he was not expecting me to be. Was he really planning on leaving without telling me? I can't believe of all the times it's now he wants to leave.

"Yes, I am home. Why are you leaving? Does it have anything to do with our argument in Iceland? Ismail whatever I did I am sorry. Please don't leave," I say feeling my heart ache from the fact he wants to leave without even speaking to me.

"Umit, as I said in Iceland, you did not do anything wrong. If anyone did something wrong, it was me. I am leaving because I want to protect you. I can't bear to put your life in danger, you mean a lot to me," Ismail says sincerely, sounding sad.

Why does he sound sad? What danger is he always talking about? Wait! This danger he is talking about, does it have anything to do with what happened in France and Iceland. Because if it does, maybe he can explain what happened.

"What danger do you want to protect me from? Does it have anything to do with what happened in Iceland and France?" I ask wanting to know for sure if I am right or wrong.

"Yes, it does, and that's why I need to go away from you to keep you safe. You mean too much to me for me to risk your life by staying in this house with you. I have to leave to keep you safe as well as everyone else in this house," Ismail says walking out, but I stop him by blocking his path.

"Ismail, what are you talking about? I don't even understand a single thing you are saying. What do you mean you need to keep us safe, and what do you mean by 'I mean a lot to you?'" I say getting more confused by his words but trying my best to understand everything that is going on.