CHAPTER 44

"There is a reason, and I will explain. The video you watched is not a video it is actually CCTV Surveillance footage," he says taking a seat in front of me.

"I think I got that right from the beginning," I say feeling a bit upset and not understanding why he is not going straight to the point. And yes, I realized the video I was watching was CCTV footage. What I don't understand is why he is watching it on his home pc.

"Alright, that's good. It was a deal between two men," Ismail says still not giving any information or an explanation.

"Ismail I just watched everything unfold in front of me. I am not asking you to tell me what happened, rather explain to me why I watched it on your computer," I reply getting straight to the point, not liking the fact that he is holding back.

"I see you are a little upset and confused; that is understandable."

"Ismail I am not upset because I watched the most brutal thing in my life. I am getting upset because you won't explain to me why I saw that on your computer!" I say getting more upset by the minute as he continues to refuse to explain. I don't want to believe what is going through my head. I just want him to explain to me what is going on.

"Alright, I didn't want to tell you, but it seems like that is impossible after what you witnessed. I will tell you everything you want to know."

"You have been saying that for the past two minutes, and we are still here."

"I will go straight to the point this time. The events you watched was a deal between two men. One manufactures guns, and the other is a gun dealer. I hacked into the CCTV cameras close by because I need evidence against Mr. Alberto, the gun dealer."

"I don't understand. Why are you doing this? Isn't that what we have the police for?" I say getting more confused by the second.

"Yes, we do. But Umit, can you tell me exactly what you saw before I explain further." "Alright. Like you said it was a deal between two men. I only saw one person's face; I did not see the others. His back was to the camera. I don't know who the gun manufacturer is, or who Mr. Alberto is, but I am guessing the one whose face I could see was the gun manufacturer because he was the one who provided the guns for the other person. The other person whose back was to the camera, who I am guessing is Mr. Alberto, had two briefcases with him. There was a lot of money in it. He showed it to the gun manufacturer. That's how I know. It looked like they had a little argument, I guess about the prize of the guns from their body language. They seem like they had concluded their business, but then the buyer betrayed the gun manufacturer. He ordered his men to start shooting, killing all the gun manufacturer's men. They did not even have any time to bring out their guns and fight back before they were shot dead. Ismail, I watched men fall to the ground like flies. It was the most horrifying thing I have ever witnessed in my life. The gun manufacturer was the last to be shot; he was shot in the head, dying instantly. I saw blood flowing from all the men they killed as they lay dead on the ground. It was so painful to watch all those men die. I never wish to witness that again in my life," I tell him, feeling tears roll down my face as I relive the events I watched.

"Umit, I am so sorry you saw that. I never wished for you to," Ismail says sounding sad while he hands me his handkerchief.

"Thank you, it's okay. It's not your fault I did but I would really like to know why you took it upon yourself to hack into CCTV to find this," I ask wiping my tears away.

"I will tell you everything from the beginning so that you can fully understand. I have a friend, David. He is a policeman. He has been trying to put Mr. Alberto in jail for about two years now. Every time he gets some evidence against Mr. Alberto, he always finds a way to get away with it.