CHAPTER 25

We are in Paris. I just finished praying Fajr (Morning prayer) not too long ago and am waiting for room service to bring my breakfast when there is a knock at the door. I open the door and ask for my breakfast to be placed on the table on the terrace.

I am about to start eating when I notice a letter and a box with a beautiful looking black rose, my favorite. 'I wonder who sent it. I guess I should open the letter to find out'. I open the letter, and it reads:

As-salamu alaykum, my beautiful African queen. How was your night? I hope you slept as well as I did, and I hope you like the flower I bought for you. I know it's your favorite. I also got you a few things I think would look lovely on you. Look inside the box and let me know if I am right.

I pick up the box and open it to see the finest bracelet I have ever seen. It is a rose petal diamond bracelet framed in rose gold. There are rose gold pave diamond knot earrings, and the necklace Ismail asked me about in the store. So, I am that someone special he was talking about. I never knew Ismail regarded me so dearly. Wow, I don't know what to say or think. I am so confused because this could change a lot. I finish reading the letter.

I hope you like them because I would love to see you wear them. I am not going to tell you who I am, because I would like for you to figure that out yourself. But don't forget our meeting this morning, DON'T BE LATE.

Yours amazingly

I.U              

He has a funny way of staying unknown when he reminds me of the meeting we have this morning. But even if he hadn't, I would have known it was from Ismail, as I chose the necklace with him.

While I am admiring the wonderful jewelry he got for me, there's a knock at the door. I expect it to be Fatima, but when I open the door, it is someone I did not expect to see until our return to America. Emma is standing in front of me with a big grin on her face.

"HEY!" Emma yells pulling me into a bear hug.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" I ask surprised but pleased, hugging her back.

"I will explain, but I really missed you," Emma says smiling while pulling away.

"I missed you too. Come in, I just ordered breakfast," I say pulling her to the terrace.

"I know that face, Umit. I had the same one when she came to my door," Fatima says appearing from behind her.

"So, how are you? What are you doing here?" I demand excitedly.

"I am fine, and I will explain everything. But first, who are those from?" Emma smirks while pointing to the letter, the flower, and the jewellery.

"They are from Ismail," I reply smiling.

"Isn't that your favorite flower?" Fatima asks smugly.

"I guess you are right Fatima, it is," Emma says with the same sly smirk that Fatima has.

"Why do I have a feeling that there is something you guys are not saying?" I ask looking at them trying to figure out what they are thinking.

"It's obvious you guys are smitten with each other," Emma states smiling.

"No, that's not possible. I can't like Ismail," I say. But I wonder if that is possible. It would explain why I love his company so much these days. But I shake it off, 'love' is a big word and I doubt that is what I feel for him.

"Then why are you smiling so much your face must be hurting." Fatima observes smiling.

"I am not," I say trying my best not to roll my eyes.