"You're lying." My voice shakes. My whole life was one whole lie? Even my parents?

"Afraid not. After, she died pretty soon. Your father was grieving and had a one-night stand. Let's say he forgot to pull out and nine months later, out came Seho. Your father didn't want to just leave the woman behind with his child because he got attached. She refused to give him up, so they settled on living together. They hated each other for a couple years. Eventually they fell in love and stayed together because they wanted to. That's when he was starting to get soft on us."

I bite my lip, tears steadily streaming down my cheeks.

"It was all... just.."

"A lie. Yes."

"B-but-"

"But nothing. Seho was only your half brother. He wasn't full into the bloodline, so he was expendable. I need you because you're a purebred. You're family."

What he says disgusts me. How am I related to such a monster?

"You will hate me for the rest of your life, I'm sure if it. But you can't change the fact that we're family. You and I are very similar in a lot of ways. We'll do anything to protect the ones we love and care about."

"Is that why you murdered your own brother in cold blood?" I snarl.

"He was putting us all in danger by leaving like that. I couldn't let him."

"So what's going to happen to me then? You're going to lock me up? Torture me for being his spawn?"

"No, no nothing like that." He laughs a bit. "The thing is we're running a little short on said bloodline. We can only hold so much power for so much time, which is why repopulating is vital to our company."

I look at him in disgust.

"You want me to... breed?"

"Nonono. Partly, yes, but that's not the main goal. We want to show everybody... you. The daughter of our once great leader Y/FTH/N. The amount of power you hold right now is absolutely incredible across the country."

"Reputation." I nod. "Got it. So what? I just get to stand around and receive praise or rotten tomatoes that are thrown my way? You get to walk around with the satisfaction that you captured the last of my bloodline and expect others to respect you? Pathetic."

"Not standing around." He chuckles and I cut him off.

"You don't need to sell this to me anymore, Hyunsoo, I'm already on board. We can leave right now."

Muffled voices mumble through gags as the boys look at me nervously, trying to convince me otherwise, but I ignore them and close my eyes. Opening them again, I look at Hyunsoo and block out the others.

"We could potentially leave right now, but I have something that I need you to do first."

"Name it. Then we'll be on our way."

"You have no idea of the damage you have caused my company for years. You've killed dozens upon dozens of my men. Now Hyun-Shik is dead too. Forced by my hand!" His voice shakes in anger in his last sentence.

"I'm pretty sure it was mine." I shrug. "It's a vivid memory."

"I sent him to you knowing how dangerous you were and when you have him captive, I never tried to stop you and negotiate. Because I knew that securing you was more important than letting you get away again. So I had to let him go."

"What. Do. You. Want?"

"I want you to feel the pain that I've felt." He growls, stepping to me, but still far away. "I want you to experience the guilt and know what it's like to make a choice."