It Begins Now

Wad's POV

"Did you hear that some faculty is torturing its first years?" A girl tells her friend as she walks by our table.

"I heard they..." the conversation fades as the girls move away.

I look at my friends and see they are also watching the girls walk away.

"Guess it begins now. P'Tee's and P'Dear's groups must have started posting stuff," N'Aim looks back at us. We all nod in agreement.

"Which faculty do you think it is?" The guy at the next table asks his friends sitting at the table.

"Hey, do you think that guy that was suspended the other day was involved?" One of his friends asks.

"What guy?" Another of the guys at the table question.

"You know the one that came to the soccer pitch to beat up..." The guy trails off as he sees my table watching him.

I almost laugh when I see the guy visibly gulps. You would think he was faced with our hazers, not a bunch of first years like himself. When did we become thought of as scary?

"What faculty was that guy from?" Another one asks, unaware that his friend is trying to get him to shut up.

"Economics," I answer with a smile. When I answer, the rest of the table looks over at me, acting like they saw a ghost. They quickly gather their things and leave.

"Hey," I ask my friends, "Why are people afraid of us lately?"

"You guys are dating our hazers, moron," Maprang says as she joins us. "You are dating the scariest one of them next to P'Arthit, Wad. And we all hang out with them daily. So, of course, people are a little scared of us now."

"Other students warned me I should be careful about hanging out with you guys," Jett puts in.

"Why the hell would you be warned about us?" Oak looks over at Jett. "That makes it sound like we are dangerous or something. What did they tell you?"

"Only that Ai'Wad was a loner and a troublemaker," Jett shrugs, "Also that the seniors had marked you guys as the ones to annoy all year. Oh, and I might start to like guys."

"But you are still here with us?" I question, looking at Jett. Loner and troublemaker? Well, I guess it was right at the beginning.

"I know," Jett smiles at me, "They are just stupid. I can get you were a loner in the beginning, but that is not true now, and I have no clue how they think half of you guys dating hazers is considered annoying. And who cares if I like guys or not. As I said, it is just stupid." He grins at Maprang, "Besides, the ones to be scared of in this group are the girls." Maprang sticks out her tongue at Jett, making all of us laugh.

"It doesn't help that at least once a week, one of you guys shows up with either bruises or bandages," May points out. "Seriously, Tew. What were you thinking?"

"Hey, I was a little upset at the time," Tew huffs, "Even I can do something stupid every once in a while. You have a psycho ex-boyfriend show up and see what you do."

"Speaking of psychos," Prae leans in, "I have heard lots of people talking about it. How much longer before they figure out?"

"I don't know," Kong grumbles, "But they called in all our hazers to talk with them. I guess they want to see if it is our faculty." I am just as annoyed as he is about my boyfriend not being here for lunch.

"Oh, I was wondering where your keepers were," Maprang snorts. "I can't believe they let you guys off your leashes today." The girls start laughing as all of us glare at Maprang.