2.07

Day Twelve.

"Good morning, Lady In Charge." Ezra bitterly mumbled as he walked into Carmen's hotel room.

Carmen only looked up from feeding Malik for a moment, instantly absorbing Ezra's bitter attitude and turning it into her own happiness. She couldn't help but smile and chuckle to herself. She could tell Ezra hated the fact that she had the upper hand for once in their relationship. It was so amusing and satisfying. Ezra didn't even have enough energy to act like he liked Bailey as she ran up to him.

"No. Not today." Ezra muttered as he pushed Bailey off of his leg by placing his hand atop her hand, his fingers landing on top of a sharp tiara. Ezra looked down at Bailey as she pouted, his focus glued to the jewels she was wearing on her head. "Where did you get that?"

Bailey looked towards Carmen, who looked up from Malik to see Ezra pointing at Bailey's crown. Ezra and Carmen's eyes met for a silent moment as they both tried to read each other. Carmen knew she shouldn't give him the real answer. He couldn't know those were real diamonds on Bailey's head or he'd likely rip it out of her hair and steal it. But, Ezra already knew Carmen went to the Tiffany & Co event last night. If she lied, he would be very, very angry with her.

"It's Bailey's. It helps her stop sucking her thumb." Carmen nonchalantly answered before returning her attention back to Malik. She tried to ignore the harsh thumping in her chest as she waited for Ezra's reaction.

"That's not the question I asked you, Carmen." Ezra more firmly spoke, causing Bailey to slightly cower away from him. But, before she got the chance to run back to her mom, Ezra grabbed her arm and forced her to stand still. "Where did you get the tiara, Carmen?"

"Don't grab her like that just to get a response out of me!" Carmen snapped. Her motherly instincts made her instantly rage at the sight of Ezra gripping her tiny daughters arm like he was.

"Then answer the question!" Ezra barked back at her, causing Bailey to flinch and start to cry. She didn't know what was happening but she didn't like the yelling and she didn't like being grabbed so roughly.

"Let go of her first!" Carmen demanded.

Ezra growled and used his free hand to grab Bailey's tiara, ripping it from her hair rough enough to make her scream and cry even louder. Carmen gasped but didn't get a chance to move or speak before Ezra tossed Bailey aside and let her fall to the ground with a scream. Carmen carefully set Malik in his rocker and rushed to Bailey's aid, almost getting a hand on her to help her before Ezra grabbed her and held up the tiara.

"You got this at the event, didn't you?" Ezra seethed. "These are real diamonds."

Carmen tried to yank her arm out of Ezra's grasp but failed. She tried again but Ezra only held on tighter, nearly digging his nails into her skin. "Fine! Yes! What does it matter to you?"

"How did you pay for this, Carmen? You didn't go in with any money on you. Did you memorize the numbers on my cards? Did you steal this tiara?"

"What? No! They were gifts!"

"They?" Ezra asked, visibly taken aback.

Carmen shut her mouth, instantly realizing her mistake. That was all Ezra needed to know, though, as he tossed Carmen aside just like he did with Bailey. Carmen tripped and fell beside Bailey, quickly scrambling to gather the screaming child into her arms as Ezra stormed further into the hotel room. Ezra had no care for Carmen, Bailey, Malik, or any of their belongings and he tore apart the room to find whatever jewels Carmen was hiding.

There was so much chaos between Ezra throwing things, Bailey screaming, and Malik following in sobs that Carmen could feel her anxiety rattling every bone in her body. She tried to yell for Ezra to stop and knock it off but, he didn't listen as he screamed at Carmen to shut herself and the kids up. The situation only became worse when Ezra threw Carmen's nice pair of heels off the foot of the bed, causing them to collide with a mirror and completely shatter it.