1.12

When Teddy and Howl emerged from the boys locker room, Teddy groaned. He was disappointed in himself for giving into this stupid plan. Part of him was convincing the other half of him that he was only doing this for Howl. Sure, he could watch out for Zoe if she fell but, in no way, did this mean he was showing his support. He didn't want her to think she could go to him whenever she needed support. Teddy didn't have time for all that.

"So just go out there and dance around like a idiot. Stay close to the cheerleaders, though. You know, in case they drop Zoe or something." Howl advised as he handed Teddy the wolf head.

"Dance? I'm not dancing. I'm not getting all sweaty and gross in the suit you've been sweating in for three years." Teddy grimaced.

"Nobody is gonna know it's you, Teddy. That's the whole point of you doing this right now." Howl started walking backwards down the hallway since he was anxious to catch Brett before he left. "Don't let me down, Teddy! Do your job!"

Teddy rolled his eyes and put on the wolf head of the costume. It was already hot in the thing, he couldn't imagine dancing around for an entire game. But he didn't really have time to think about that. He had to get to the football field. According to the time, the game started like two minutes ago.

"H. U. D! S. O. N! H. U. D! S. O. N! You can do it! I know you can! Goooo Hudson!" The cheerleaders chanted as they shook their pompoms and stepped left and right.

Teddy rolled his eyes and sighed. He couldn't believe he agreed to this. These cheerleaders were one of his main enemies and now he had to dance around them for an entire football game. Not to mention the cold breeze that occasionally slipped through the suit and the annoying jocks running around behind him. Teddy was already regretting this but he knew, if he didn't play the part, someone would start asking questions and he'd be found out.

As the game went on, Howl patiently waited on the hood of Brett's Jeep with his phone in hand. He casually played a game on his phone as he waited, listening to the cheering coming from the other side of the school. After a couple minutes in the cold, Howl caught the sound of someone walking through the school parking lot. Howl looked up and spotted Brett sauntering towards his car with a hard glare in his icey blue eyes.

"Get off my fucking car, fag." Brett spat as he got close enough.

Howl obeyed, hopping off and into Brett's path to block him from getting to the drivers seat. The two stood eye to eye, their height and power completely matched. Brett's body grew rigid and Howl took notice with a sly smirk dancing on his pierced lips. Brett hated that stupid smirk. Every time he saw it, he wanted to punch it off his face. And on a handful of occasions, he got to.

"You wanna repay me for that attack the other day?" Howl licked his lips as he studied Brett's tense jaw.

Brett pushed Howl back, causing him to stumble past the driver door. Brett grabbed the handle and yanked his door open. "Get the fuck out of my face, Howl. Don't test me."

Howl watched Brett toss his backpack into the passenger seat but before he could hop into his car, Howl grabbed his arm and spun him around. Pinning him against his car so he had nowhere to escape, Howl slammed his lips against Brett's. The jock didn't have time to respond before Howl had his tongue down his throat and his fingers under his shirt. There was a split second where Brett fell into the kiss before he realized he was crazy.

Brett gripped Howl's shoulders and threw his knee into Howl's gut. Howl broke the kiss and doubled over with a painful groan, which caused a triumphant grin to spread across Brett's face.

"You just love when I hit you, don't you, Howl?" Brett relaxed against his car with his arms folded over his chest. Howl stood up straight, still gripping his stomach from the painful hit. "Why else would you keep coming back to me?"