1.17

The videos that everyone took of Teddy and Chuck's fight were posted online and shared around the school like wildfire. Actually, correction; everybody saw the videos. With Zoe's social media standing, the videos went semi-viral. Just enough people had seen them for Zoe to worry about her career. Zoe being involved in a fist fight between two male classmates wasn't a good look. She was too sweet for something like that. Too kind. Too innocent. What would she do if her reputation was ruined because people were getting so attached to something this small?

As much as Teddy, Zoe, and Chuck wanted everything to be forgotten, all of their classmates thought differently. Videos from their school had gone viral. It was all anybody could talk about. Joseph, who was the most obnoxious kid in school, was especially boisterous today. His video has the most retweets on Twitter and he wanted everybody to know about it. He thought he was going to be famous, as if this little scandal was going to last through the weekend..

"I didn't know you had such a big pair of balls on you, Zo!" Joseph shamelessly wrapped his arm around Zoe's neck when he finally found her in the hallways. "But, I have to admit, I'm surprised you didn't yell at Teddy. I know you're a saint and all, but he was guilty too."

Zoe nervously forced a smile at Joseph. "I didn't yell at Chuck.. I just.. don't like seeing people fight."

"What!?" Joseph dramatically exclaimed as he excitedly hopped, causing Zoe's feet to trip from his awkward movements. "You threw your entire bag at Chuck's head! You were definitely pissed!"

"Knock it off! You're going to break her neck!" Chuck shoved Joseph from behind and took his place beside Zoe.

Joseph held his hands up in mock surrender as he snickered. "Listen, I'm okay with it. Zoe's inability to not be the center of attention gave me five thousand Twitter followers. I'm a fucking legend."

Zoe awkwardly hugged her textbook to her chest as she avoided everybody's stare, even Chuck's. She did feel guilty that she had yelled at Chuck and not Teddy. Teddy was the one that vandalized Chuck's car. But she couldn't stand when he called Teddy a mutt. It was so rude and heartless. It was a clear sign that he was the bully. And the things he said about Teddy's sister that just weren't true. It upset her. She couldn't help but be bias towards Teddy. Who else would look out for him if she didn't?

Everyone in Zoe's little pack traveled through the halls to make it to their next class. One by one, someone split from the group as they shared farewells. But, when Zoe found her class that she had with Teddy and Vanessa, she was suddenly very nervous to go inside. Zoe shoved her nose into business that wasn't hers, pissed off Teddy, caused a fight, and now he was all over the internet because of it. The fist fight, the yelling, vandalism, name calling. The worse side of Teddy Morgan had been exposed to the world. And it was Zoe's fault.

"Zoe, Chuck. Come in." Mr. Zander peered around the principle to look at his students in the doorway. Teddy was already sat at his desk by the window, his head rested on his desk and headphones in.

Chuck looked to Zoe, whose eyes were glued to Teddy. It upset him that he expected as much. This wasn't Chuck's class this hour, and the principle was here, which made this whole situation very awkward. Something bad, worse than just detention, was in store for the three of them. And it was all Zoe's fault. Still, Chuck and Zoe stepped inside the classroom as Vanessa awkwardly headed for her desk.

"I realize a bit of conflict sparked at the football game last night, correct?" Mr. Zander spoke as he headed towards Teddy's deck, gently tapping on it to get the boys attention. Teddy plucked his headphones from his ears and looked up to see his teacher, the principle, Chuck, and Zoe all stood at the front of the class. "Principle Doyle is going to speak with you three in his office, get the full story, and divvy out proper punishments for each of you."