1.10

{ Hello Lovelies! Sorry it takes me so long to update this! I don't quite have everything figured out so it's hard to get anything pieced together and published on time! Also, Little Miss Luna has been taking up a lot of my time so I can't focus on this book like I originally planned to..

Anyways!! The art above belongs to Fukari! I had written stuff for Howl and Fisher but planned for them to be in a different book, but after getting this started, I decided they fit nicely here. And then came along that piece of art and I think it fits Howl and Fisher's relationship/dynamic really well. They don't look like that but if there was fanart of Howl and Fisher, I'd want it to look like that! Oh! Also, there's a video of Chuck cuz I haven't posted anything of him yet.

Thanks for reading! It makes my heart happy! }

The bell was only a minute or two from ringing but Mr. Zander's had already finished his lesson for the day so he allowed everyone to simply mingle. Teddy was in the middle of packing up his things when Zoe turned around in her chair. They didn't meet eyes since Teddy was preoccupied and Zoe was too nervous to speak up. It had been over a week since she had spoken to him. After telling Howl she could get to know him, she started overthinking it.

How should I start a conversation with him? Will he get annoyed if I ask him personal questions? He doesn't seem like the type to open up easily and I don't want him to think I'm interrogating him or anything. How would I even go about starting a conversation with Teddy? He doesn't exactly give off an approachable vibe. Maybe Howl would make a good conversation piece. Howl said him and Teddy knew each other.

"So, I met Howl in detention the other day." Zoe blurted suddenly, her voice as light as her smile.

Teddy glanced up at Zoe from shoving his things in his backpack. He didn't say anything, simply furrowed his eyebrows with annoyance and confusion before he continued what he was doing. Zoe frowned and tapped her nails consistently on his desk as she watched him. She was trying to think of how to branch out from that one statement in order to get a response from Teddy.

"I can see how you two would get along. Were you guys good friends? Still talk?" Zoe continued.

Teddy zipped up his backpack and stood out of his seat so he could throw the bag over his shoulders. "We're just acquaintances."

"Howl said something fairly similar." Zoe smiled and stood up as well. She grabbed her backpack and held it in front of her, bouncing subtly on the ball of her feet. "I think I'm gonna eat with my friends for a minute and then meet you in the library. If you're okay with that, of course."

Teddy was slightly surprised. He didn't understand why he needed that information or why she thought he did. It was odd. He didn't care where she ate and he never expected her to meet him in the library. They hadn't spoken in like four days. Why was she suddenly saying all this now? And here, of all places? Out of the corner of his eye, he realized others were just as shocked and confused. There were only four pairs of eyes on him but it was four too many for his liking. Because of Zoe. Of course.

"Not if you're going to talk to me in class." Teddy spoke under his breath and turned to walk towards the door.

Zoe let out a heavy sigh and watched him walk off. Just as he hit the doorway, the bell rang and everyone stood up to leave. Well, Zoe thought, I guess our relationship strictly exists in the library only.

Zoe started heading out of class and through the halls to get to the cafeteria.

When she found the long line for food, someone threw their arm around her shoulder. "Walking taco or popcorn shrimp?"