1.01

AND THE JOURNEY BEGINS!!
Three days after my 19th birthday!🎉

Up top you will see a short video of the beautiful Zoe Yang accompanied by a casual candid photo of Teddy Morgan. You will be getting more video footage of my two main characters much more than you'll get music, like traditional wattpad authors do, just fyi. If a video catches your attention, make sure to leave a comment or message me and myself or my readers will make sure to help you out in tracking it down!

This is the first chapter. I know it's short. I know it's a weird beginning to a story but it's the only way I could do it. I tried to make a proper intro/first chapter multiple times and nothing worked.

This is simply how their story begins.
ENJOY!🎉

~

As Teddy made his way to the farthest table in the library, a soft sniffling caught his attention. He set his books down and stuffed his hands in his sweatshirt pocket to follow the sound that hid behind the bookshelves. Where all the old, basically abandoned books were, Zoe sat with her legs to her chest and her face hidden in her knees. Teddy stood at the other end of the aisle and let out a scoff. Zoe lifted her head to see Teddy standing there with a sideways look on his face.

When she realized someone was witnessing her with tears and smeared mascara staining her cheeks, she frantically wiped away her tears and tried to gather her emotions. Nobody had ever seen her cry. Not like this. Zoe started thinking up excuses. What did she tell a normal high school student? Some guy rejected her confession? She got a bad grade in class? Maybe he'd believe that she had accidentally stapled her finger and that's why she was crying. She didn't really think beforehand about any potential excuses considering she thought she was well hidden.

Teddy wasn't so much worried about her reason for crying as much as he was just studying her raw appearance. He noted how her blonde hair was curled so loosely but the front strands were tied back. Her eyelashes were long and batted frantically as she blinked away the tears. Her face was slim but cheeks slightly chubby and eyes big and round. When her lips parted, she reminded him of a bunny. Not that her front teeth were all that big or anything, just perfectly framed between her plump pink lips.

Teddy wanted to ask, but the other half of him really didn't care. He was just shocked to see her crying when she was just beaming with joy this morning. It was a side of her he didn't realize she had. Zoe had only existed in this small towns world for a week and she had never wiped that bright grin from her face since she arrived. She was the polar opposite of what they had to deal with everyday; Teddy's hard glare and permanent frown. Teddy was both intrigued and naturally repelled by this newcomer.

As Zoe wiped her tears on her skirt, she waited for Teddy's predictable questions. Not so bitterly, but expectedly. You're just crying because you want more attention. As if you don't have everything you want already. Why would you have reason to cry, you're rich? She had heard it all before.

Silence hung in the air until Zoe hesitantly met his stare. She was confused why he hadn't asked yet. And for a split second, Zoe wondered if he wouldn't be like the others. Maybe he would offer her his hand and hoist her on to her feet, pat her on the head, and tell her she'd be alright. That's the fantasy. Well, it was Zoe's, at least. And finally, Teddy spoke the first words to her since she arrived at this school.

"What do you have to cry about?" Teddy asked. His voice was bitter, laced with venom but zero expression on his face. Zoe frowned. He had proved her fears right. People were heartless. She only hoped he wouldn't say anything to anyone.

"Sorry." Zoe sniffled as she wiped away her snot with the sleeve of her sweater.

Teddy was instantly filled with discomfort at her apology. He didn't want her to apologize. Well, when he thought about it, he kind of did want that. After all, everyone loved and adored Zoe. She was the prettiest, richest, new girl to ever show up around here. In the eyes of his classmates and even his teachers, she could do absolutely no wrong. It had only been a week and she was the queen of the school. But that's why he would want an apology, not because she was crying.

Suddenly, Zoe reached for her bag and jumped to her feet. She kept her head low as she scurried past Teddy. He stepped out of her way and watched her beeline through the library. Her short skirt bounced over her hips and curled golden locks over her shoulders. Teddy sighed and returned to his usual spot in the library. Meanwhile, Zoe rushed into an empty bathroom and pulled out her make up bag. All the kids were still at lunch so she luckily had time to fix up her make up before anyone noticed she had cried.