T H I R T Y - S I X

Brooklyn's POV

I waited for a reaction. Anything. I just wanted to know if he was happy or not. 

Damn it, I knew he didn't want a baby. I felt my tears well up, my bottom lip pouting and shaking. He seemed to be in deep thought, his mouth wide open but seemed to snap out of it and in action once he saw my reaction. 

"I'm gonna be a father.." He whispered breathily, his eyes even wider than before. I was so confused. 

"I'm going to be a father!" He yelled out, running to the door and opening it, once again yelling, "You hear me, world?! I'm finally going to be a dad!" 

I walked towards him, wiping my eyes. I laughed at his reaction. "You're so goofy," I replied.

"Well, you're--" He was interrupted by another noise.

"I'm going to be an uncle!" A voice - more like Daxton shouted out. It was literally out of nowhere and he wasn't in plain sight. He must have heard him when he was shouting...

We looked at each other and laughed. "Why didn't you tell me when you found out?" That's what I've been dreading since I told him. 

"Well... I-I.. just," I was interrupted by my stupid stuttering by Becca. 

"Instead of interrogating her, just go and make out already!" Becca shouted, walking into the kitchen, muttering nonsense while walking away.

My eyes widened at her outburst. I looked over to Dimitri, who was already staring intensely at me. I started, "Well, I don't--" I was once again cut off by Dimitri's lips on mine. It took me a minute to realise this, as I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck. My lips moulded perfectly in his. Our lips moved in sync as we stood there, 'making out'. I travelled my hands to his smooth hair and tugged on it. He groaned in pleasure as he travelled his hands from my waist to the side of my breasts. Of course, all good things always come to an end, as we pulled apart, breathing heavily. 

"Should we continue this upstairs?" He suggested, smirking. I giggled and just nodded meekly, letting him take my hand and dragging me upstairs.  

• • •

It's been a few weeks since I turned pregnant and it's safe to say that everything is going exactly how it should. Dimitri has been taking extra care of me and has been neglecting his Alpha duties. I think he has to learn that he needs to balance both our family and work. No matter how much I want him to stay with me, he's an Alpha - before and after we became mates. 

However, with all that tension, I'm completely fine with it. I mean if I was an Alpha male, I would make room for both my family and mate and work. 

'Technically you are an Alpha - a Luna' Fel snarkily replied.

'Wow who knew you had a backbone, Felicity?' I asked with mock surprise.

'Ever since I found out that I'm a vertebrate, dumba**' She commented.

I sighed, getting back to what I was doing. I was currently trying to figure out how I was supposed to design the baby room. I had to go back to the doctors for an ultrasound in a few more weeks. 

Werewolf babies tend to grow much faster than average human babies. Instead of having 9 months, we have about 6. I have already been through the 1st trimester and now I'm almost finished with the 2nd - I'm in the fourth month, therefore only two more months to go. 

I kind of want to keep the baby's gender a surprise for Dimitri. Even though he might be a bit upset that I got to know and he didn't, he'll melt right then and there once our unborn baby arrives into this world. 

I'm so excited about bringing this baby out in the world. I'll protect him or her my whole life. 

Let's just hope that the tests go well... I really want a boy then a girl, so the boy can look after his little sister in times of need.

I smiled to myself as I travelled up the stairs. I went into Dimitri and I's room and laid down on the bed. I just stared at the ceiling until something caught my eye. I looked towards the nightstand and found a black rose sitting there, with a note. It read:

'You still don't know what's coming, you haven't seen anything yet' My eyes widened, I thought as to who could ever do something as cruel as this, and my mind wandered to only one person.

And that made me think that we really don't know what's coming for us... We could only hope that something good comes out of it.

• • •

Hey guys! I really hope you enjoyed this story so far. I know this chapter isn't the best nor the longest, but I have many surprises for you! I've been thinking, and I just couldn't wait to tell you:

IM GOING TO BE MAKING A SEQUEL!!!

Yep, you heard me right. Even though this book still needs to be edited, I'll sure I'll be able to multitask. However, I've been thinking about editing this story during my holiday, so I can have 'all the time in the world'. After that, I'll be sure to start straight away. I already have the plot and everything, so the only thing left to do is to just write! I'll be sure to update you on the sequel later!

Thank you guys for reading this chapter. Please vote, comment and follow me for more updates on this story and I will see you later!

Toodles!

~Farah❤