T W E L V E

Brooklyn's POV

After what happened at the pool party, I decided to go home and seeing as it was actually Monday tomorrow, I decided it would be best to just go back home to get ready for school tomorrow. I don't know how long we stayed at Ame's place for, but it was already eight o'clock by the time I arrived back home.

As I opened my door, I noticed a black bag near the entrance of the door. Suddenly, another smell hit me.

No. Freaking. Way.

I ran to the kitchen and almost screamed when I saw her.

My mother.

I quickly ran towards her and hugged the life out of her.

"You're home! I missed you so much, mum!"

"Oh hun, I missed you way more." She answered, hugging me back.

I was actually surprised when I saw her, I mean, ever since my dad died, she's been working non-stop, but, she was genuinely a great mother. Even though she worked day and night to provide for me and her, she still made time for me, no matter what.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, completely confused.

"What? Am I not allowed to see my only daughter?" She answered, putting her hand on her heart, feigning sadness.

I giggled. "No, I mean, don't you have work?"

She sighed and told me to take a seat. "Well, I didn't exactly know how to tell you this, but, I quit."

My eyebrows shot up. "But I thought you loved your job.."

"Well, I wanted to be close to you, believe it or not. I'm working at a hospital now. It's called 'Riverview Hospital'. It's actually quite close to here. It's about a fifteen-minute walk."

"Yeah, I've heard about it, but why? I thought you loved working at the airport?"

"I just wanted to try new things, not just working as a flight attendant - plus, it takes hours to look this good." She said, pointing to herself.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Anyway enough about me. Meet any cute boys?" She asked, winking at me, getting to the juice stuff. We were now sitting on the couch, in the lounge.

I wanted to tell her about Dimitri, and how he's the only guy I had laid eyes on ever since we moved here, however, he obviously wouldn't go out with me. I mean, he's practically a Calvin Klein model, and I'm just... a flipping potato.

"I- uh.. I mean, there isn't exactly one guy that I'm k-keen on.." I said, giggling nervously at the end, biting my lip afterwards.

"Now, for all my years with you, I know that you're lying. Who is it?" She asked.

My mother was more of a gossiper and down to earth type of mum. I was actually glad I had her as my mother - I wouldn't swap her for anyone else in the world.

"Uh.. well..—"

"Come on! You can tell me!"