T E N

Brooklyn's POV

"Now class, today is a very special and exciting day because we get to look after children from kindergarten - since it is a tradition here. Now, before I hear your displays of annoyance, I'm going to say this once and only once. This counts as 50% of your grades in Health Ed. Even though we would've done the baby project, too many students complained about how the babies malfunctioned, which, quite frankly made them drop from A's to F's. So, good luck.." The principal announced, not before muttering a 'you're going to need it' at the end.

"Ew! We have to look after real-life kids!" Amelia said in disbelief, looking at us in complete and utter horror.

"What's wrong with kids? They are cute.." Becca answered, looking at her in confusion - yeah I'm confused too, surely she was joking.. right?

"No way! They are evil devils in disguise! How do you think they're cute! They are anything but cute! They are masterminds in disguise as insanely adorable little-- Brook! Please tell me that you agree with me!" Amelia pleaded, in agony. 

Yep, she's not joking.

I giggled and patted Amelia's head awkwardly, making her scowl in annoyance. "Just chillax, it's not like we're going to be looking after animals, Ame", I reasoned.

"That's the thing! That's what they want you think! Then out of nowhere, they attack!" Amelia said, as if it was the most obvious thing and, completely freaked out and was sticking at the fact that the kids are secretly ninjas in disguise.

Oh Ame. She's really going to be the death of me.

To be honest, I think this was going to be a fun!

• • •

Ok. This is definitely not fun. At all.

I am currently here, walking around school, with a kid practically hanging off my arm. His name is Noah, and he's many things - but mostly a flirt. He has cute, chocolate brown eyes, and blonde hair. 

He's truly adorable, though.

"Hey, sweetsheeks, I'm hungwy." Yeah, not really adorable now - even though his mispronunciations are so cute.

"Uh, my name is Brooklyn, not sweetcheeks," I answered, attempting to stifle my giggle.

"Yeah, no way sweetsheeks. I'm Noah and I'd like to Noah all about you." He said, winking. I laughed at that.

I'm not even going to lie, but that was actually quite a good pickup line.

"Ok, that was funny. Who taught you that?" I asked still giggling then and there, sitting him down on the benches in the cafeteria, where other people are with the kids.

"My ol' man, Daxthon." My eyes widened.

Of course.

He obviously would've had a little brother that's a flirt. But now, to be honest they actually do look alike, apart from the obvious facial differences.

"Hey, Brook! Noah? Brook's looking after you? I must say, I feel you, Brookie, I have to look after this chipmunk all the time." Daxton suddenly appeared, with an adorable little girl hanging, off his arms, giggling randomly. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't call me Brookie, and apart from the constant flirting? He's adorable but I don't understand how you taught him all those pickup lines." I asked, shaking my head in disbelief.

"What can I say? I'm a cute a*s motherf*-" Noah was cut off by Daxton, obviously shouting out loud random words, blocking what Noah was about to say.

Oh. My. God.

"What the hell did you teach him?!" I shrieked out.

"Ok! This time it wasn't me I swear! Maybe it was Dimitri, or Amelia, or maybe Becca.." he then gasped "Or even Ryder! Ever heard the term 'silent but deadly'? It unmistakably might be him!" Daxton answered, trying to be a detective - but obviously failing.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. How did they manage to corrupt this young, adorable child's mind?

"Ugh, let's go, Molly, we obviously know when we're not wanted." Daxton said, dramatically, before flipping us off, obviously me, being me, I covered Noah's eyes, making him protest, "Hey! It's dawk! I can't see! Where's my fwood?"

I groaned. This is going to be a long day.

• • •

So, after school, Ame, Becca and I, we went over to Starbucks and chatted away, drinking our frappes.

"So, what did you and Dimitri get up to last night, if you know what I mean," Ame asked, winking, making me blush.

"We didn't-"

"Have time to do other positions so you-"

"Ew no! I had to-"

"Give him a BJ? You dirty-"

"Guys, you do realise you're talking about my brother, right?"

"Stop cutting me off! Goddamnit! I ran away because he was.. scaring me," I said, shuddering, not trying to remember what happened.

Ame and Becca looked over to each other knowingly before looking over to me. That made me grow suspicious.

Did they know something I didn't?

"Oh God, what did he do?" Ame chuckled nervously, obviously trying to break the tension.

"He was so possessive and said that I was his and only his and started calling me a 'moo a more'.. I don't even know what that means, was he cursing me in another language?" That's all it took for them to burst out laughing.

I was so confused. Why were they laughing? Was it what I said? What's going on?

"What are you laughing about?" At that moment, I was just plain confused.

"I think you meant 'mío amore', Brook," Ame giggled out.

"How the f*ck was I supposed to know? What does it mean anyway?"

"You'll just have to ask him yourself," Becca joined in, winking at me. I groaned.

"I think that will be difficult because I'm not talking to him. At all," I answered, crossing my arms.

"What if I told you there's a pool party happening and you'll get to see his abs," Becca answered, smiling creepily at me.

I scoffed. "There is no way I'm going," Even though, I really wanted to go and see his delicious abs...

Ugh! Stop it, Brooklyn!

I sometimes hate my consciousness.

1010 words

E D I T E D