T H R E E

Brooklyn's POV

I was awoken from my slumber by my stupid alarm clock. I groaned and threw it across the room. It made a clattering sound.

My head was pounding. I rubbed my eyes and turned over to my side. I looked at my phone and noticed the time which read '8:00'.

Sh*t!

I scrambled out of my bed and I quickly threw on some shorts and a t-shirt, seeing as it was a hot day outside. I stuffed a cardigan in my bag just in case.

I didn't have time to do my hair so I dashed down the stairs while taking my hairband out from my hair and decided to let it all loose. By the time I was done getting ready, the headache I had after waking up subsided.

I bet today's going to be a very bad and unlucky day for me.

I didn't have time to get breakfast so I power walked to school, ignoring the weird glances I got from a few people as I walked by.

•••

I ran towards the school and into my classroom. Thankfully, the bell didn't ring - which must mean that I was early. As I opened the door, all eyes were on me, including Jerkface, yeah I'll call him that.

Mr Cross stared at me in disappointment. "Why are you late, Brooklyn?" He asked.

I figured that it'd be stupid just to lie.

"I woke up 8, and I didn't realise that I was actually late because I didn't hear the bell ring" I sighed.

"That still doesn't explain why you're late." He answered back to me, his eyes eyeing my every move, probably trying to make me make a fool of myself.

I rolled my eyes. What else am I supposed to say to you, you old hag? I literally just explained why I was late.

Jeez, talk about annoying.

"Would you like to repeat what you just said, Brooklyn?" He replied angrily at me, making my eyes widen and the class erupt in snickers and 'ooh's. Did I say that out loud? Sh*t, I'm in trouble now.

"I-I" I didn't know what to say..

"This is unacceptable behaviour, especially since you're new here and all. That doesn't mean that you can waltz in anytime you like, not caring if you're late or not." He said, trying to press my buttons. I was utterly speechless, I didn't know what to say. I dropped my head towards the ground. Maybe I shouldn't have came to school at all...

A growl suddenly caused me to snap my head towards the source.

Jerkface.

"Don't speak to her like that." He growled out.

I gotta say that I actually felt all gooey inside that he actually stood up for me. It just shows how much he might not be a jerk after all.

"Don't get involved in this, this is none of you're business." The teacher remarked, snapping at Jerkface.

I looked at the teacher as he looked at Jerkface with wide eyes - probably realising what he just said. He dipped his head down, exposing his neck. Jerkface was just glaring daggers at him.