E I G H T E E N

Brooklyn's POV

"Ugh.." I groaned out as Ame and Becca literally dragged me from one store to another.

"Oh hush, Brook." Ame snapped, pulling me into Victoria's Secret, making me gasp.

"No! Please not there! Anywhere except that devil's spawn!" I yelled dramatically as one of them pulled me and the other pushed my back forward.

I was officially struggling. The girls and I were at the mall, buying what ever we could get our hands on. Me - however, wasn't exactly excited about the announcement.

Anyway, before, after finding out that every one of my friends were werewolves, I forgave them.. and my mother.. kinda.

I mean, you can't exactly help with what you are, they made me see their perspective after trying to make me accept the fact that werewolves exist and that I somehow have a hot a*s soulmate. So, yeah, I finally forgave them.

With Dimitri, we were on speaking terms - kind of, but whenever we were left alone, it would turn into an awkward session. So, yeah..

"Oh my God! Look at all this lingerie! Brook, you seriously have to try these! Dimitri will fall head over heels when you guys have se-" Becca screeched out, making me shout out profanities, not letting her finish off the sentence, as she was throwing lingerie towards me, making a few land on my head and a few over my head.

She threw me all kinds of colours and shades of the lingerie. Was she expecting me to wear all of that?

I've never worn lingerie in my life, and I don't plan on wearing it at all.

"Ooh! These thongs look fabulous, Dimitri won't be able to resist you." Becca chirped in.
I looked at Ame for help, which made her smile at me apologetically. I groaned and mouthed 'please', making her sigh and tap Becca on the shoulder.

"Calm down, Becs, you're freaking her out."

"What? I am?!"

"Yeah.. just.. chill and don't throw all this lingerie at her - I mean she would look sexy in them but this is my brother you're talking about!"

Becca rolled her eyes and muttered a 'whatever' before walking off to wherever.

• • •

"I'm hungry.." I groaned out.

Ame and Becca were still shopping, while I was hungry and thirsty.

Thankfully, we were almost done, we were in the quiet and less crowded part of the mall.

We stopped when four bulky guys stood in front of us. We looked at them quizzically before attempting to sidestep them, making them, once again, block our path.

"Can we help you?" Ame asked.

"Yes, you can. We want her." One of the guys answered, pointing at me. My eyes widened and I stood still.

"Why? What do you want with her?" Becca asked rudely.

"Boss' orders. Now, we can either do this the easy way-" he stopped, pulling out a sharp, metallic object from his pocket - a pocket knife.
"Or the hard way."

Amelia's eyes were glazed over, she stood quiet, whereas, Rebecca was fuming. "Over our dead body." She growled out.

One of the other guys chuckled darkly before saying, "Hm, that can be arranged..".

That's all it took for us to spring in action. It was three against four - so not entirely fair, but,  Amelia and Becca were fighting two guys skilfully. Amelia managed to knock one out and I, however looked around, trying to find anything to help them with. I looked to my right, and noticed a guy charging towards me. My eyes widened and I ran, literally for my life. The sound of his footsteps were echoing around, while I tried my best to keep him off track.

I obviously couldn't outrun him - he looked like he took steroids for breakfast - there was no way that I would beat him - I was literally half his size!

Suddenly, a loud snarl sounded from the mall. It sent shivers down my spine. I ran back to the chaos and noticed Ryder, Daxton, and.. Dimitri.

They looked furious.

How did they get here?

Oh.. stupid me. Werewolf strength!

They charged towards the men, quickly punching and clawing them. They seemed to be winning during those few seconds. I didn't I notice that I stopped, and a huge figure bumped into me forcefully, knocking me on the ground.

I looked up, my heartbeat rapidly increasing by the second. I then found one of the bulky guys sauntering towards me. Just as he was about to touch me, he was pushed onto the ground by a huge force.

I looked to where they fell and saw Dimitri on top of the guy, punching him mercilessly, his eyes stormy grey, and his knuckles bloody. I had to stop him - he was going to kill him.

I ran towards Dimitri and touched his shoulder - making him suddenly relax under my touch and snapping his head towards me, his nose flaring.

"You're going to kill him.." I answered softly.

"He deserves it and much worse for almost touching mate." He answered automatically, which made my heart melt. I smiled at him, then hugged him, muttering a 'thank you'. He hugged me back, his head on my stomach. I could feel him smile within the hug. Sparks were visible from this very action and it actually felt.. good.

He then stood up and grabbed the guy by his neck. "Take him to the dungeons and sedate him with wolfsbane, we'll question him when he wakes up. If he doesn't answer, you know what to do." He said to Daxton, looking dark and menacing. Just by looking at him, anyone would literally sh*t themselves, but for me.. I kind of found it hot..

But don't tell him I said that.

"As for you, Brooklyn," he paused, looking towards me, his eyes back to his hazel orbs,
"You're going to go back home and pack up - you're going to be staying with me from now on." He continued.

That's all it took for all hell to break loose.