T W E N T Y - O N E

Brooklyn's POV

"Guys, what is going on?" Dimitri asked, once again. They all looked at each other, unsure whether to tell us or not.

"Uh.. I think you'd actually want to see this.." Ame said, nervously.

"Yeah, no, it stinks."

"Shut up, this is actually really important.."

We cautiously walked towards them and sat down. We spotted a box and wondered what it was. Ryder carefully opened the box and motioned us to come closer.

So, we did, and all of us gasped in horror.

Right there, in the box, was a heart. Yeah, you heard me correctly, a heart, and on the heart, was a note, pinned on it.

It read, 'This is what I do to people who disobey me. I'll get you soon. ~Shadow.'

We all shivered, in horror. "What type of person names themselves Shadow, like seriously?" Ame ranted.

I was in shock. Just as I thought he wouldn't leave me alone, looks like he wants everyone to know about him.

There was a question that seemed to bug me all day. Should I tell them?

I hesitated, then decided yes, since this was a good time to tell them.

"Uh.. Guys.. I kinda have something to tell you.." I trailed off. They all stopped what they were doing and stared at me expectantly, telling me to carry on.

"That note wasn't the only one that I recieved.."

Everyone gasped and stared at me in disbelief. I looked at Dimitri, he looked at me in shock, then processed the words again, and shook. Literally - he shook. His face was red. He stalked towards me, until he was a few centimetres I front of me.

"You mean to tell me, that after all this time, you received more death threats from him?" He asked, in a deadly tone. I just nodded, because right now, he looked as if he was about to snap me in half.

He then growled out, which almost made the ground shake. By now, I was practically whimpering. I've never seen him like this.

He then, stormed out, almost breaking the door off its hinges.

Tears were not blurring my vision. I didn't know why I was crying. Curse you, mate bond!

"It's ok, Brook, he just w-went on a run to cool himself off.." Ame said, as she patted my shoulder, then walking off. By this time, I was the only person in the room. So.. this is what it felt like.. to be lonely.

I stepped on the porch, outside, and sat there, thinking.

Why didn't I tell them?

Now that I think about it, it was actually stupid not to tell anyone. But I guess that I was just scared that if I tell them then they'd do something worse. Like killing me.

I shivered at that flashback.

'No.' I thought. He can't get me now.. at least I hope so..

As I put my head in my hands, wondering, and thinking, a gust of wind blew and made my hair move to my face. I huffed and tucked the hairs behind my ears.

Just as I did that very movement, something caught the corner of my eye. I hesitantly looked towards that direction, which was in front of Dimitri's home, and I spotted bloodshot red eyes glaring back at me. I gasped. This person- well, thing's eyes looked so lost.. so rabid. Before the creature could do anything, I abruptly stood up and walked towards the door. I opened it and closed it back, running towards the nearest window.

By the time I reached there, the creature was gone.

• • •

I was now laying on Dimitri and I's bed.

I didn't know when Dimitri would be back, it was already ten in the afternoon.

Maybe I'm just overthinking this.

I sighed and went to the bathroom. I went ahead and washed my face and as soon as I looked at the mirror, I almost screamed.

Behind me by a few metres, was Dimitri, standing there, with his eyes yellow with a hint of grey. He was panting like crazy. We stayed like that for a few seconds, until he walked off, completely ignoring me.

What was that for?

I walked to our room— oh my, that sounds so weird saying this, and I spotted him laying on his bed.

I was about to open my mouth to speak, but he beat me to it.

"Why?"

"Why what?" I asked.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I.. don't know.."

"So it never crossed your mind to tell me that someone was practically threatening you?"

"He.. the person didn't exactly threaten me.." I answered back, not exactly knowing if the 'Shadow' person was a guy.

"Then what did he say or do?" He interrogated me further.

"Wha— why?"

"I'm the one asking questions, and frankly, if some piece of sh*t wants to threaten my mate, he'll have to go through me and hell till he got to you." He answered, right before storming off and out of the room.

I literally just stood there speechless, and in awe - of course not from the storming off, but of him in general. I can't believe that he's do that.. just for me..

'Well, yeah doofus, of course he will, he's our mate.' My inner voice said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked around the room, to make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.

'I'm in your head, idiot.' The voice chuckled again.

"Who are you?" I asked.

'You do realise you're talking instead of actually communicating with me?' It asked.

That's when it hit me. 'W-who are you?' I asked.

'I'm your inner wolf.'

• • •

Omg guys!! Thank you soooooo much for 400 reads!! Ily guys sooo much!!❤️❤️

I finally have WiFi b*tches!!
I'll try and upload more stories - that is if my mum doesn't start saying to leave my phone alone.

Please vote, comment and follow me for more updates on this story and I'll see you later.

Toodles!
~Farah❤️