Chapter 49

Chapter 49:

Harry's POV-

We had arrived at my house a few minutes later and once we stepped in the house, my mum ran over to Lauren and hugged and kissed her.

"You always have a home here ok?" mum mumbled.

"Thank you, Mrs. Sty- Anne" Lauren said with a fake smile.

"Here, let me take these things, love" she said grabbing Lauren's bags. "Mum!" I whined, let me take the stuff" I said taking the bags from her hands. "Thank you very much Anne. I could never repay you" Lauren says, putting her arm on my mums shoulder. "No need for it love! I hope you like steak because that's what I'm about to make" mum laughed. She was obviously nervous about this. Lauren would be living with me. With us. Gemma and her never really had a great relationship. Gemma was always bringing guys home. Mum knew what was happening. She just never cared to fight with Gemma. So having a new girl in the house, was going to be different for her.

"Come on, babe, let's bring these to my room" I said grabbing her bag.

"Harry, show her to the guest room. I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to be in your room everyday" my mum said taking out something's from the fridge.

"Mum" I said giving her a look. "Okay, okay! I won't bother but if she wants her own bed we have one" she said before walking outside to get the groceries out of my car.

I led her up the stairs and into my bedroom. I set down her bags and she walked in closing the door behind her. I gave her a small smile which was returned by a sad smile. I knew what was next.

She ran over into my arms and cried. She didn't stop either. No matter how much I told her that I loved her or how much I would take care of her she just cried. It was all her mums fault.

"HAROLD! LAUREN! GEMMA! DINNER!!" MUM called.

I looked at my watch. It was already 6:30.

We had moved to the bed where Lauren sat crying on my chest.

"Cmon babe, let's go eat. It'll make you feel better" I suggested. She nodded and we got up. She went right to the bathroom across the hall, "I'm just going to wash up, I'll be down in a second" she mumbled. I nodded and went downstairs.

"Where's Lauren?" Asked mum when I got there. "Just upstairs in the bathroom, she's washing up before dinner" I said. She just nodded silently. "She said she will be down in a bit, I'm pretty sure we can eat" I said.

"No, she is apart of our family, so therefore, we wait, love" mum smiles.

A few minutes later, Lauren comes down and we all turn to look at her. Her eyes were no doubt red and puffy. I smiled at her. When she saw everyone she stopped, looked at the food, which was now cold, and back at us. "Y-you didn't have to wait on me" she said shyly.

"You're right we didn't. But we did" mum smiled. Mum got up and walked over to Lauren, put her arm around her and whispered something in her ear. Lauren smiled and nodded before mum walked her to her new seat next to me.

"Now, we can eat" mum said. "Good in starving!" GEMMA said. "I hope you like it, Lauren. If you don't I can make you something different but the kids normally love my cooking" mum says, putting a forkful into her mouth.

"Kids mum?" I asked her. "Sorry, sorry" she mumbled.

After dinner, Lauren excused herself and went back upstairs. "Harold. Edward. Styles!" mum growled. I looked up from my phone, "mmhmm?" "Go upstairs! Damnit that poor girl is up there alone! She needs you! Go!" she demands.

I groan, "She is probably crying! I can't deal with that anymore mum! There's too much crying!" "Harold! I can't believe you! She's here because of you! She would have NEVER been kicked out of her house if you never proposed to her! So YOU are her new support. Get upstairs NOW and comfort her. Otherwise, tell her to leave because you can't care for her" mum said.

I didn't really expect her to say that and it kind of scared me. She was right. It wasn't Lauren's mums fault. It was mine. It all came back to me. That means I have to pick up all the pieces.

I stood up, and went upstairs to Lauren.