Chapter 47

Chapter 47:

Lauren's POV-

We walked downstairs together, Harry's hand in mine. I feel good that Harry said I wouldn't have gotten pregnant. I'm not sure what my mum would say. She is pretty cool about letting me do whatever but then again, she can become very strict. I'm nervous about telling her about Harry asking me to marry him.

"Hi mum!" Harry said as we walked into the kitchen. She was cooking what looked like pancakes and sausage.

Harry gave his mum a kiss on the cheek before she turned to see me.

"Oh! Excuse my apparel. Harry never told me someone was here" she said.

"Oh it's no problem, I don't mind at all" I smiled.

"I don't believe we have met" she says.

"I'm Lauren" I say. She immediately turns to Harry and he nods.

"Congratulations!" She exclaims, giving me a hug.

"Mum! The pancakes!" Harry says going to them and flipping them for her.

"Thanks, love" she told him before turning back to me, "you are even more beautiful than Harry said." She scans me up and down.

"Thank you" I blush.

"I can swear Gemma has that same shirt!"

"Oh well-"

"Well it's not" Harry buts in. I look at him confused and he gives me a fake smile.

"Yea, it's mine" I play along.

"Well, come, eat. There's enough for everyone!"

"Thank you Mrs. Styles" I said sitting next to Harry.

"Please, call me Anne" she said, "Speaking of everyone, I wonder if Gemma's coming down to eat. I wonder if she's hungry."

"She already had something to eat" Harry mumbles.

I kick his foot. I don't want Gemma getting in trouble because of me. Harry would have never known if it wasn't that I needed new clothes.

"What's that?" Anne asks Harry.

"Nothing" he mumbles before shoving a piece of sausage in his mouth.

"May I see the ring?" Anne asks me. I swallow the food that was in my mouth and nod. I go to my finger to pull off the ring and it isn't there.

"It-it isn't on my finger" I say nervously. I look around on the ground.

"Don't worry, you took it off before bed, remember? You just forgot to put it back on. You'll get the habit of that" Harry smiles.

I give a sigh of relief and smile.

"Well, show it to me later than, love" Anne says and I nod.

After breakfast, Harry and I went upstairs to get my ring. Harry closed the door and was looking in through the bed.

"It's not on the dresser Harry" I say, "what are you doing?"

"Of course it's not on the dresser! It must have fallen off last night in bed" Harry says.

"Why'd you tell your mum I took it off!"

"I didn't want her to worry because she would have gone out on her own to get a replacement and we don't have enough money for that" he says.

I help him search through the bed for it when he yells.

"Ow!!"

"What?"

Harry is hopping on one foot, "I think I found your ring babe."

I go over and sure enough, it was on the floor. I pick it up and slide it on my finger.

"Is wittle Harry ok?" I ask in a baby voice. He looks at me seriously.

"Really? That voice?"

I nod and grin at him.

"You know what would make me feel better?" He asked.

"What's that?"

"A little snog" he smirks.

"I would love to" I say and he grabs my waist and pulls me on top of him on the bed.

"But..." I stop him. "I need to go home... My mum will be worried. For all she knows, I went to a party with Ash and never came home."

He frowns. "C'mon, take me home" I say.

He smirks and I know he had an idea, "how about, I will take you home if at every stop light, stop sign, basically, every time we come to a stop, I get a proper kiss" he says.

"What do you mean by proper?" I ask.

"Tongue and all" he smirks.

I pretend like I'm thinking over it, "you got yourself a deal. And for now, you'll get a starter" I say kissing his lips, sliding my tongue in before flicking my tongue back in my mouth.

I placed a light, small kiss to his nose and crawled off of him and went downstairs to show his mum the ring.

"Oh it's beautiful! Harry! How much was this?" Anne exclaims examining the ring on my finger.

"It doesn't matter how much mum! It just matters that she likes it." harry says.

"I should probably be getting home! wouldn't want mum to worry" I say.

"She doesn't know you're here?" Anne asks.

"She does! It's just her mum wants her home early" Harry answers.

"Ok then see you soon, love! Nice to meet you!"

"You too! bye!" I say walking out the front door, Harry behind me.

Like the plan was, at every stop light we made out. Only got a few angry honks at people but we don't care. As we arrived at my house, I suggested I go in alone. I wasn't sure how she would react to me getting home late and all of a sudden being engaged. I said bye to Harry and we made a date for later tonight at his house for dinner. And I made my way inside.