Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Lauren's POV:

My whole day was spent wondering what Harry thought of me. I couldn't concentrate, everything that was happening was so unreal. I felt like I was in a movie and I didn't know the script. Lindsey came the period before lunch so I was able to tell her everything that happened.

"So you think he likes you?" Lindsey asked. "Of course I like her! Matter of fact I love her!" said Liam coming around and hugging me. I faked a smile. I was too worried about Harry to laugh at what would have been something really funny. "Liam, stay out of this. It's girl problems" I snapped. "Ok, I can tell what kind of problem's you are having there! Aggressive! I like it!" he said sitting down next to his lunch tray. "Lind, can we walk around a bit?" I asked just as Cara arrived and sat down next to Liam. "Hey now! If you don't like me anymore, just tell me!" said Cara playfully. "No Cara it isn't you, I promise" I said. "I know! I know! You girls go off and talk!" she said before placing a kiss onto Liam's lips. They have been dating since freshman year and they were the cutest. We were all good friends with her and then she started dating Liam and Liam became a good friend too.

As we walked off Lindsey repeated herself, "Do you think he likes you back?" I shrugged, "I honestly have no clue! I wish he did! I mean, so many things happen this time of the school year. I mean, Valentine's Day! I would love to have someone spend it with me" I said looking down. We had stopped at a bench outside the cafeteria. "Well don't be too down on yourself! He might like you. Just don't tell yourself he doesn't" she replied. "Easy for you to say! You have a boyfriend! And so does Cara! And James even has a girlfriend. I mean, I guess what I am saying is I want to have a boyfriend too!" I complained. Lindsey was always a good listener and I know she was listening to me no matter how much I whined and complained to her. She is always there for me.

"Having a boyfriend isn't all that, you know" she said. "No I wouldn't! I never had a boyfriend and you know that! The only boyfriend I have is Harry... when I am dreaming!" I said. She lightly rubbed my shoulder, "Everything is going to be ok... There are plenty of other good guys that will of course love you! And even if Harry can't see the beauty inside of you then he is a son of a bitch!" she said. "No! Don't say that! You know I really like him!" I said. "Just, don't worry about it! If he wants to tell you he likes you or even if he wants to talk to you, he would have done it already. He doesn't know  it was for him just by the speech! Boys are stupid! He doesn't know!" she said, "Come on, lets go eat some lunch."

We went back to the lunch table and our whole group was there: Liam and Cara, James and Sandy, and Niall, Lindsey's boyfriend. And then there was me. Boyfriend-less. I sat down and sighed. "Look who finally arrived!" said James taking a bite out of his usual, PP&J sandwich. "Yep, just needed a little bonding! Everything is ok now!" said Lindsey smiling over at me. "Well that's good that we are all happy!" said Sandy. I nodded getting a spoonful of today's soup: tomato soup. "Is that good?" asked Niall, always interested in someone else's food. I nodded, "Delicious!" He licked his lips. I knew what was coming next, "You can have it... if I don't finish it myself!" I said smiling at his happiness. "Niall! Calm down! You are practically drooling over your own food!" said Lindsey. Everyone laughed but then quieted down when Zayn appeared behind Lindsey. "What?" she asked him. "Can we talk?" he asked.