Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

Harry's POV:

It was finally Friday night. It was around 7 and people were starting to come over. My parents were gone so it was just a great place to chill out in the middle of no where. I live on about 6 acres of land so whenever my parents leave, I throw parties and we have no neighbors that complain. It was fool proof.

After about an hour, everyone was here, even Lauren and Lindsey. "Hey, there she is, go talk to her" said Zayn flicking his head over towards where Lauren was standing with a drink in her hand and talking amongst her friends. I laughed a bit, "No man, let her come to me!" I said, "Gives me another reason to 'not like' her." Zayn smiled, "Nice! Looks like Harry has his game back. You have fun while I go try to talk to one of those pretty girls" said Zayn as he walked over to a group of girls who were starting to get a bit tipsy.

Luckily, my wish came true and Lauren came over to me, "Hey Harry, great party" she said to start some small talk. "Thanks! I try" I said with a small laugh. Lauren laughed too. "What are you drinking?" I asked wondering about her choice of beer or maybe wine, depending on what- "Water." I laughed, "Water? That's it? No vodka flavoring?" I asked. She shook her head, "I haven't had any alcoholic beverage. I'm only seventeen. Not twenty one the legal age!" she said. "So what! No one will know!" I said grabbing a beer out of a cooler, "here, try some" I said handing it to her. She simply put the beverage on the counter, "No thanks." I laughed again, "Just take a sip! It isn't bad!" I persuaded. "Peer pressure alert!" she said playfully, "But no Harry, thanks." "God damnit! Just drink some Lauren!" I said pushing the beer. Right when I did, someone knocked into my elbow, causing the beer to spill... all over Lauren. She screamed.

"Lauren! I am so sorry! This guy just-" "Oh no! This is so bad!" she screamed and ran off to the bathroom. I looked around and saw that the scene caused some to look over and see what happened. I mentally slapped myself. Sure leading her on was wrong but damnit! I spilled beer all over the poor girl. "Sorry man! I didn't see ya there" slurred the guy that bumped into me. "Yeah, whatever" I said going after Lauren.

As I got to the bathroom door, I knocked. After about a minute, someone swung the door open, "Sorry bro, I was taking a piss" said some drunk guy. I rolled my eyes. Where was Lauren? "Where is Lauren?" asked Lindsey, "What happened?" "Someone bumped into me and I spilled beer all over her!" I said. "Uh no!" said Lindsey worried. "Wait! What? What's the matter?" I asked following Lindsey as she searched the place. She turned around and grabbed my arm, "She is allergic to the yeast in the beer" she said. "Really? Oh no! This is bad!" I said as I walked by my room. I heard sobs coming from my room. "Wait! I think she is in here!" I called to Lindsey. As I about to open the door, Lindsey stopped me, "Let me go first! You stay here" she said and went in, closing the door behind her.

Lauren's POV-

I was in what I guessed was Harry's bathroom that was connected to his room. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw the bumps all over my chest. I searched my purse for my meds. "Lauren?" I heard Lindsey call to me. "I'm in here!" I called to her. She came rushing in, "Oh Lauren! I am so sorry about this!" she said. "Don't be! It isn't your fault!" I said. "Yea it is Harry's" she said. "No! It isn't! Don't blame him" I said as I took out my pills. I opened the bottle, "Fuck!" I cursed under my breath. "What is it?" asked Lindsey. I help out my hand, shaking the bottle above it. Only two pills came out. "Damn! How bad is it?" she asked. I am supposed to take five for extreme emergencies but for small ones only three. I didn't have three let alone five. "It's just the bumps for now" I said. "Take it and we will make out way to your- wait! I think I have some in my purse" she said. I stopped and looked at her. "You have some of my meds with you?" I asked. She nodded, "I take them with me wherever I go... For accidents like this" she said, "You never needed them so I forgot. Let me go find my purse, I think Cassidy has it. Will you be ok by yourself?" she asked. I nodded. She smiled, "I will be right back stay here" she said and ran out the door.

I put the pills in the bottle again because I didn't feel like holding them. I sat up on the top of the counter and leaned back against the wall. Soon I heard a door open and I figured Lindsey was back with my meds. "How many pills do you have?" I asked her. "It's me, Harry" said Harry. "Oh! Harry get out!" I said closing the door before he could get to me but I was too late. He put his foot in the door before it closed. "Wait! Listen, I just want to say sorry" he said opening it. I looked away from him not wanting him to see me with all these bumps all over me. "What are you doing?" he asked laughing a bit. "I am having an allergic reaction! I don't want you to see me!" I said. He grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. "Harry please!" I screamed out. "Let go of her Harry!" yelled Lindsey pushing him back. "If she doesn't want you to see her, you don't see her!" she said pushing him out of the bathroom and closing the door before locking it. "I can't see why you're in love with that jerk!" she exclaimed.

I took my pills and laid on Harry's bed for about an hour and waited for the bumps to go down. Luckily, I washed all the beer off before the reaction got worse so the bumps weren't bad and I didn't get any pains. There was a knock on my door, "Who is it?" I called. "Harry" he responded simply. "You can come in" I said. He slowly entered, "How are you feeling?" he asked. "Better" I responded as he closed the door and walked over to the side of the bed, "Sorry about that whole beer thing. You have to know I had no idea that you were allergic" he apologized. I nodded, "It's fine, it wasn't your fault, Harry... Just not how I figured tonight would go" I said sadly. He sat on the bed next to me, "How'd you think it'd go?" he asked curious. "Better than this" I said not telling the full truth that I wished he would be laying next to me in this bed without this horrible reaction.

He chuckled, "You know something, you're really funny" he said. I blushed a bit, "Thanks" I said, "Can we talk?" I asked. "Ok but what are we doing now?" he asked with a chuckle. "You know what I mean!" I said. "Right! Seriousness. Ok, shoot! What do you want to talk about?" he asked. "I know you like me" I said. "I know you like me" he said back. "What?" I asked playing it cool. "It isn't a surprise, that speech... It was about me wasn't it?" he asked. "Why would you say that?" I asked. "When you talked, you look at everyone but me. It's kind of a dead give away" he said. Shit! He knew it. "You caught me!" I said with a laugh, "So now that we both know about each other's feelings, what do you want to do?" I asked him. He looked a bit lost. It isn't like he wasn't prepared! We both liked each other! Of course we were going to date.