Chapter 34

Chapter 34:
Ashton's POV-
Lauren and I sit in the car in the walk in clinic's parking lot. "I'm glad it was only out of place" I said. Lauren nods, "It must have snapped back into place at night" she comments.
"Where to now? Your house?" She nods.
I pull out of the parking lot and begin to drive on the main road.
"This jackass behind me is too close" I comment while checking my review mirrors.
"Could you go faster?" she asks.
"Lauren, I'm going the speed limit!" I say. I switch lanes and ignore the jerk. When I look behind me, he is still there.
"This fool just wants to create trouble!" I say clearly frustrated now.
I speed up about 5 more miles faster and the jerk is gone. I slow back down to a normal pace.
As we come up to the last stoplight before turning off the road, I turn to Lauren, "Did you like the kiss last night?" I ask.
She swallows hard but doesn't reply. The light changes and I push down on the gas, "well?"
In the middle of the intersection, someone hits us from the side, causing us to spin off road. We slam into the side of a tree and I can hear the sirens already.
My head is pounding and my neck hurts bad. I look around but everything is blurry and I can't hear much. Everything I hear is faint and it sounds like someone is talking a mile away.
"Sir" someone says. I look up and see the outline of a person.
"Sir" he repeats. I rub my eyes and he speaks quickly, "Sir, can you hear me?"
I look at him, "Sure" I say.
"You need to get out of the vehicle, now" he says.
"Why?" I ask tubing my head.
"Because we are right next to a gas station and your car hit a tree directly next to it. Sir your car is going to blow up any minute. Get out" he advises.
I unbuckle my seat belt and slowly topple out of the car. Multiple people ask me if in ok and I tell them all I'm fine when it hits me.
"LAUREN!" I yell and I run back to the car. I pull all of the firemen out of the way.
"Woah, woah! Get back son! You need to stand at a safe distance!" the man the helped me out of the car said.
"No! That's my girlfriend! I love her! I need to get to her!" I screamed.
"Stay back! We are trying to get her out! But she is packed pretty well in there" he said.
"No! I need to see her for myself!" I yelled pushing him and the others out of the way. I look inside and Lauren is on her side, eyes closed with a few cuts on her face. Her hold window is shattered.
"Lauren?" I ask as if she could hear me.
"Son get back" the man said.
"Get her out of there now!" I demanded.
I was pushed off to the side alone with the guy from the car that hit us. I didn't even bother to see the face of this man because I didn't care about him. I cared about Lauren.
A police man came up to me and the other guy, "Good news, they are taking the girl out of the car now. But she will be going to the hospital. Would you like to go with her?" He asked.
"Yes" I said with the accompaniment of the man next to me. I looked over and it was Harry.
"Only one of you can go" he said.
"I'll go" Harry said before I could open my mouth.
"Ok come on" said the officer and he led Harry inside the ambulance and shortly after, Lauren went by in on a bed.