Chapter 2:

Chapter 2:

Lauren's POV-

I got to school and into my first period just as the bell rang. "Miss Jamson! You are late again!" stated Mr. Thomas. "Not late, sir! I am here, aren't I?" I said taking my seat. "True, but being on time means you are in your seat by the bell. Not running into the classroom by the bell. Get it together Lauren, next time, you are getting sent to the office with a referral" he spoke sharply. "You can't give her a referral without consulting the principal" said a familiar voice behind me. The voice I hear every night in my dreams. I swiftly turned to look at the boy with his beautiful curls around his face. He stared at me for a second, no reaction; no smile; nothing. Then he looked back to Mr. Thomas. "Excuse you, Styles, stay out of this. I am letting her go! Don't defend her because I will send you to the principal's too!" Mr. Thomas snapped. Harry help his hands in the air in defense, "Gosh! Sorry!" he defended.

With a huff, Mr. Thomas began with the first presenter, Jacob. Our presentations had to be on any subject but it had to be a subject that would get people thinking. No one knew what that meant so we all had our different interpretations of it.  "Lauren, you're up!" Mr. Thomas said putting his feet up on his desk, "this should be good" he said quietly, but loud enough that  I could hear.

I stood in front of the class and scanned at all the faces. My eyes stopped on Harry. Again, he gave me a cold, hard stare. I couldn't figure out why he kept staring at me. It was strange and I just want to know- "Jamson? Will you present?" snapped Mr. Thomas. My eyes ripped away from Harry's, "Yes sir, sorry" I said, and shuffled through my papers and then began.

"Some people are lost. Not knowing what they are doing. Some people are looking. But looking for what? An answer? A friend? Love? Who knows? Life is a crazy thing that we only see as something useless. People, going around and killing others. And for what? Revenge? Satisfaction? Why do people do anything in this world? Why would people do anything in this world? For money? For a job? For love? Love is an amazing thing that only a few people get to experience. Most people don't know it, but the person that is standing right in front of you, could be you're true love. Only you don't give them a chance. You see the one person all alone at lunch, with no one to talk to. You feel bad for them but, don't want to loose your cool. Would you really loose your cool for talking to someone? Another human being? Just like you? People try to see what love is. They want to know what it feels like to love someone with their whole heart, but the truth is: no one is in love. They feel that way. Love is a feeling. Love is something to treasure. No, love isn't see some hot guy or cute chick. Love isn't getting drunk one night and taking someone home. Love isn't a one night stand. Love isn't even talking to someone on an online dating service. That isn't real love. Real love is think of a certain someone day and night. Dreaming about that one person every night. Thinking and believing that the person, would one day love you back as much as you love him. Love is when you do something stupid to impress someone. Love is a lot of things. Love is... Well, to be honest, I only dream about love. I am the one that wants to be loved. I want to be treated nicely. I want to be treated like a woman. Not trash. Not anything. Love can get you to do wild things, even talk in your sleep and have your little brother annoy you about what you said. I don't believe that anyone, in the world, will or has gone without someone loving them. Even if they don't notice. I don't have experience with love. But I do know that I love someone deeply, and I know he doesn't love me. I haven't even had two full sentences with this boy but I hope that one day, he will see that I love him for him and I hope he could love me back." I said, concluding my speech being completely sure I didn't look at Harry.

I looked around at the class room. No one said anything, they all just looked at me. What felt like four hours was only fifteen seconds and then the classroom filled with clapping. I looked at Mr. Thomas who was clapping as well. "A plus for Lauren for the wonderful speech on love!" he said marking his papers. I let a deep breath out and sat in my seat, a few people congratulating me who sat around me.

I felt a hand hit my shoulder but before I could turn my head, a face took the place above my left shoulder. "Nice speech" spoke the raspy voice in my ear before moving away and releasing his grip. I didn't dare move after that encounter.

As the bell rang I got up to move to my next class but a hand grabbed hold of my wrist. I turned to see the hand connecting to the body of my lover. "H-hi" I said shyly. "I just wanted to say you did a good job today. You were by far the best!" Harry said in a kind voice before releasing my hand. I picked up my book bag and nodded to him in a thanks. He went by me to catch up with his friends but before he left, he stopped at the door and said, "I know who that speech was about" with a wink, he was gone. My face flushed with red. My heart pounded. He knew. He knew I wrote that speech about him. Harry Styles knows I am in love with him.