12-Got Pregnant by KWON

JIYONG

It's not easy to show the real me to other people because their respect and perspective towards me might change into something I am not comfortable with.

But with Dara, my lady, I think it's not that hard to open my true self to her. She already hates me so what's the point of pretending?

But I'll never let my guard down, of course.

"My grandma wants me to show you what kind of monster I am..." I started as she looked up to me. "...are you ready for the revelation?"

She just nodded and continued eating.

"And you'll marry me after this..." I stated smugly and saw how she stopped chewing the food in her mouth as she stared at me in horror. "Deal?"

Dara fetched a glass of water and drank it harshly.

"What kind of deal is that?!" She exclaimed as she slammed the glass on the table.

But I didn't mind it.

"Well my lady, it's not easy to let someone know me deeply since I'm a billionaire and you may use any information you find valid to destroy me."

"I'm not like that." She mouthed sadly as I stare at her.

I know but if it's the only way you'll stay with me, then so be it.

"I'm serious. Anyone would want to destroy me and use any kind of information against me..." My eyes never left her face as she continued eating again as I was speaking "...I'm always careful with my words and actions especially now that I'm hiding a huge secret."

Dara's eyes looked at me curiously and she gulped her food first before asking "What secret?"

I smirked as I leaned forward, closer to her face. "I have an heir that will inherit all my companies and properties."

I saw how her face paled and her breathing hitched.

"Don't you dare-" I cut her off.

"I'm not really sure if telling the world about it will do me any good but I know it will damage you..." I paused and inhaled her scent first that's so soothing as she seems frozen in her seat.

"...media will follow you everywhere, you'll not have a privacy, people will come to you only because of your status in life, you'll lose your friends, people will judge you with any actions you make..." I paused as I noticed that she's listening to me attentively with every word I say.

"...you will be controlled by the society, trust will be hard to find, it will be difficult to find happiness in little things again and yes, you will be filthy rich but so damn lonely." I looked at her warily as I finished what I was going to say.

Shock flushed her face when I told her everything. She looked away then after a few seconds, she looked at me again but with different emotions in her eyes. Dara looked at me with concerned eyes and I've never been so confused in my life.

I felt a warm hand caressing the left side of my face and I leaned on it's warmth.

"I'm proud of you..." Dara said with her low but proud voice.

"What?" I asked as I reached for her hand on my face but didn't remove it.

"I'm proud of you. You're a strong man JiYong, you never let all those rumors and judgments define you. You never let yourself be controlled by the society despite of having all those medias surround you everyday."

I looked at her like she transformed into a man in my eyes. What's going on?

"So that's how you feel? Filthy rich but so damn lonely?" She stated as I realized that everything I threatened her about was all me.