Chapter 16 - A Random game of Hide-N-Seek?

I sit on the human platform, watching TV with Aili, Nick, and Anna. I think Optimus went out for a drive on his own...he seemed upset...so I just chose to give him some space. Bee, Sideswipe, and Smokescreen are all playing a Cybertronian basketball game, and Ratchet and Ironhide are talking near the computers about something. Nick picks up the remote and switches through the channels until he sees Ninja turtles and stops and puts the remote down.

   Anna and Aili laugh at him, "Haha, you know that Ninja turtles are a TV show for kids right?" Anna laughs out, and I facepalm.
"So, your point is?" Nick asks, getting a little upset and embarrassed since Aili is also laughing at him.

  "Nick, come on change it!" Aili pleads, and Nick sighs and grabs the remote.
"Wait!" I say before he switched the channel, "I like Ninja turtles!" I shout, and Nick smiles and sets the remote down again. Bee, Sideswipe, and Smoke heard me say Ninja Turtles and they all came hurrying up the stairs in their holo forms.

        Bee was the first one to speak, "Ninja turtles!? I love Ninja turtles!" Bee shouts excitedly as he jumps onto the couch next to Aili. Sideswipe sits on a sofa, and Smokescreen sits on a bean bag next to me. Ya know, I probably wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for Smoke, he kind of saved my life on the Decepticon warship. I should thank him.

   When everyone else is either talking to each other or watching the TV I begin to speak, "Hey Smokescreen, um...thank you for saving me back there...ya know...on the Decepticon warship" I thank, and he chuckles and smirks.
"No problem nerd.."
"Nerd?" I ask, a little confused about the nickname.

  "Yeah, that's your new nickname for ya, nerd. It suits you" he chuckles again, and I give him a playful glare.
"Fine, then I'm gonna have to give you a nickname!" I say, giving him a little punch in the arm.
"Oh great" he groans.
"Your nickname is Smokey!" I say, and he laughs.
"Really?" He asks, and I giggle and nod.

     Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I look up to see Optimus in his holo form. Did he get back already?
"(Y/n), can I talk to you for a minute?" He asks, and I nod. I get up and Smokescreen gives me a wink, and I glare at him. I follow Optimus down the stairs and into the hallway. Once we're in the middle of the hallway he stops me, and he suddenly pulls me into a tight hug and I gasp.

  I try and move, but his grip on me is too tight that I can barely move.
"O-Optimus?" I ask him, and all I hear from him is a sniffle. Is he crying!? I look up at him to find one tear stream down his cheek.
"Optimus why are you crying!?" I ask with a tone of worry. He let's go of me and looks down sadly.
"You...you could have died today....and I couldn't help you...." he confesses, and I cup his face with my hands and make him look at me.
"Optimus, please don't be sad....it was my choice to go through the ground bridge...." I say, and he puts a hand on mine, which is still placed on his cheek and he looks at me in the eyes.

  "I could have stopped you...if I didn't get captured by the Decepticons...I could have stopped you so you wouldn't have been in danger..." he says with another tear falling down his face.
I wipe the tear away, "Optimus your blaming yourself again....don't blame yourself...please don't...it hurts me to see you sad...and, you can't always protect me all of the time.." I don't know what to say right now...all I want to do is comfort him...in any kind of way I can.

   He sniffles, and I hug him again. He was probably so worried about me when he saw me on the warship...the the look in his eyes when he told me to run...he was so scared.
"I wish I could..." he says, and that almost makes me wanna start to cry.

      I think I know how to cheer him up a bit, I pull away from him and cup his face in my hands once again, "Optimus, I will never do that ever again without your permission...I'm truly sorry that I made you this scared and worried about me" I apologize, and he puts his forehead to mine.