Chapter 13 - A Nightmare

When my mom is done being awkward and embarrassing for me, I and Optimus tell everyone goodnight and head to his dorm. I told my mom that I was just gonna sleep here tonight since it was Friday, but I promised her that I would come home tomorrow. When we enter his dorm I sit down on the couch and he sits with me.

"So, your birthday is in a week?" He asks.
"Yup! I'm turning 18!" I say with a smile. He returns the smile and picks me up and places me in his lap, and I snuggle into him.
"So, have you talked to your mom about when you might transform?" He asks.
"No....not yet. I think my first transformation will be when I turn 18"
"Can't wait" I smile, but it fades quickly.
I suddenly start to think of what happened today at school, I should tell him. I look up at him and I can already feel the tears coming.

   "Optimus, I need to tell you something that happened at school today..."
"What happened?" He asks, sounding more serious and curious.
" Umm, so there's this kid named Jax, and he's been bullying me, Aili, and Nick since we all came here....and today he..." I stopped, and I felt a teardrop from my cheek.

   He puts a finger under my chin and makes me look at him. He looks into my eyes, and I look into his.
"You don't have to tell me....." he says, with his eyes still locked on mine.
"No, it's okay...you need to know this"
I continue with more tears this time. 

       "I heard Anna screaming from behind the school and Jax, and his friends were trying to put her into a dumpster, and they were calling her the meanest names.....I just felt so bad for her, I-I wanted to be in her place for her...I hated to see her in pain and being bullied like that..."
He looks at me concerned, "You would switch into her place, just so she wouldn't feel pain?" He asks, and I nod. He smiles and wipes some of the tears away from my face.

  "Your brave, (Y/n)" and when he says that I feel....doubt and...guilt. I didn't defend myself when Jax was going to...I look down for a second then back to his blue eyes.

  I continue, "Well, I stopped them from bullying her but, when She got away from Jax and his friends safely, he came after me...he-he whipped me to the ground and....he just...he scared me and him......Jax tried to rape me." When I said that he got tense and upset. He clenched his right hand into a fist tightly.

  "He will pay for hurting you like that...." He says angrily. I can see the fiery in his eyes, and I try and calm him down a bit. I put my hand on him, and he holds it and relaxes again.
"Calm down....." I say with a smile even though my face is still stained with tears. He looks at me with a soft smile, and he wipes the tears off of my face again. I put a hand on his cheek, and he nuzzles it. He puts a hand on my hand that is on his cheek and moves it to his mouth as he kisses the palm of my soft hand.

   I blush, " I love you," I say, surprisingly not afraid of saying it.
"I love you too" He answers back.
"I wish I could have been there to protect you from him...." by him, I know that he is talking about Jax.
"Optimus, please don't blame yourself for what happened.....it wasn't your fault at all....okay?"
"Okay..."

   I start to feel sleepy and I yawn.
" tired?" He asks charmingly.
"Yeah," I say with a sleepy tone.
It's the coupon of seconds silence before I start to talk again, "Hey Optimus?" I say rubbing my eyes now.
"Yes, love?"
"Can I....sleep with you tonight?" I say blushing deeply. I can't believe I just asked that but, you know, we kind of just started dating and I just want to take things slow and ask a ton of questions so I can get to know him better and know what he likes to do and not to do.

   "Well, of course, you can!" He replies excitedly. He squeezes me into a hug before I am picked up bridal style and he starts to carry me to his room.
I laugh, " You know that I can walk on my own right?"
"Nonsense," he says and all I can do is giggle.