Chapter 5 - The Bullies

I walk out of the school and run into the parking lot looking around for Optimus. I then see a group of people leaning on their cars in the corner of the parking lot. Its Jax, Drew, and Damon with their little catty girl group. I pretend that I don't see them and I keep on walking. Suddenly I see red and blue colors out of the corner of my eye, and I stop to turn my head.

  I see Optimus parked by a gray Honda, I turn to walk over to him and before I can grab the door handle I am pushed up against Optimus's side, my back hitting the passenger door. I grunt and I blink my eyes, and I see Jax pushing me against Optimus.
"Look who we've got here!" He says looking me in the eyes as Drew and Damon step forward. Then I hear ugly sounding laughter and snorting from behind them, and their little catty girl group is standing there watching them bully me. One of the girls I recognize, Diana and her two friends Kaitlynn, and Savannah.

   "Hahaha, I think she's about to cry!" She says snorting. My eyes aren't even watering. I laugh a little at her snorting and she then stops and looks at me with fierceness in her eyes. She then steps forward and pulls Jax away from me and punches me in the gut. I grunt in pain and clutch my stomach.

   "You laugh at me again, then your mother is the next one to die!" She screams at me. And everyone starts to laugh and I can feel my eyes start to water now.
"Yeah, and we'll put her right next to your dad!" Damon says laughing still. Then Jax kicks me in the leg and grabs my hair and pulls my face close to his.
"You're a little piece of shit, don't you know that? You little fucker!" He yells into my ear. He smiles and then pushes me out of the way, as he eyes Optimus.
"Hey, nice ride," he says. He starts kicking Optimus multiple times and punches the passenger door making little dents into it.

   My eyes widen, "stop it!" I scream at him. But he just keeps on beating up the side as his friends laugh and snort.
"Stop it now!" I scream again but he just continues to kick Optimus.
I then get up quickly and I clench my fists in anger.
"I SAID STOP YOU FUCKER!!" I scream at him in fury, and he stops and his friends stop laughing and stare at me in awe. Jax's eyebrows go up in surprise and he walks towards me.
"Ooooh...(Y/n)'s using her big girl words!" He says, but all of his friends are still silent.
I tense up more, "yeah I am, you got a problem with that?" I ask, being a smart ass.

   His face then turns bright red and he grinds his teeth, and he lunges at me but I jump out of the way and he falls into a mud puddle. I laugh and his friends try not to. Suddenly everyone shushed as our principle Mr.Amphield started marching over to us.
"Run!" Drew yells as everyone scatters thru throughout the parking lot to their cars except for Jax who stays in a puddle looking up at me with anger.

   I open the passenger door quickly and hop in and close the door.
"Go Optimus go!" I yell, looking into the rearview mirror watching Mr.Amphield still marching towards me. Optimus hits the gas and splashes thru the puddles that are in his way and zooms out of the parking lot in a hurry.
"Shit....that was close," I say sighing in relief.

- TIME SKIP -

  As I sit there silently looking out of the window when suddenly Optimus starts to speak with a concerned voice,
"(Y/n), are you ok?" He asks me. I blush just a little bit and look at the radio.
"Y-yeah I'm fine..." I say starting to think of what happened this morning with my mom.
I then hear Aili's voice in my head.

"(Y/n)...maybe you should tell Optimus about this"

   No, not now. I'll tell him later when he's in his other form, how many forms do they even have? I ask myself. Then he speaks again,
"Is it allowed...for those other humans to hurt you physically and emotionally like that?"
"At school....no" I answer.
"Then why did they hurt you?" He says in a serious voice with a little anger in it, like he wants to get payback on Jax, Damon, and Drew and Diana and her two friends.

   "Because they have nothing else to do with their lives but hurt others," I say waiting for him to say something back. But instead, it's just silence and I begin to talk again.
"What about you? Are you ok? Jax was kicking and punching you very hard"
"I'm fine, Ratchet can just fix up the dents for me" he replies, and I smile wondering if he can see me smile.

  "You have a beautiful smile (Y/n), you should smile more often," he says with a little bit of cheer in his voice.
I blush hard now, I can feel my cheeks burning and I cover my face with the hood on my hoodie I am wearing and look away.
" y-you should t-too," I say stuttering through the hood with a bright smile and still blushing. GOD FAITH CONTROL YOURSELF WOULD YA?! I scream at myself in my head. I hear a little chuckle from him and I giggle a little.

We then stop and all I can then hear is the sound of his engine.
"I'll drive you home again if you'd like?" he says.
My smile then fades and I uncover my face and I look out of the window. I can't go back home, I don't want to go back home....not with what happened with my mom this morning....I'm too scared to go back.
I then realize that Optimus might be looking at me and I freeze when I hear his voice,
"(Y/n) what's bothering you?" He asks concerned.
"Its....about my mom," I say. I pause for a couple of seconds and then continue,
"But...I-I don't really want to talk about it right now," I say.
"That's ok....you don't have to talk to me about it," he says with a slight edge in his voice.
I then feel horrible from what I just said, I feel like I hurt him in some kind of way.
"No! I want to talk to you about it...just not now" I say.
"I would rather talk to you about it than anyone else" I confess
"Why is that?" He says sounding surprised.
"Because I feel like you understand me better than anyone, and.... you're my best friend" WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL JUST CAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH FAITH?! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT!? YOU IDIOT!! I scream at myself again in my head.
"I see you like mine too (Y/n)" he replies and I blush softly, oh God.