Chapter 4 - You love him

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up to my alarm clock beeping and my mom yelling at me to get up from downstairs. I smile as I throw the sheets off of me and stumble to my feet.
"Don't worry....I'm up!" I yell back down to her. I walk over to my closet and pick out ripped jeans with a red hoodie and my red converse and I throw my PJs off and put on the cool outfit I just picked out.

Suddenly I hear a big thud from downstairs, and I stop. Mom?! I think in my head. I pick up my backpack and run down the stairs as swiftly as I can and run into the kitchen. I see my mom sitting on the floor, rubbing the top of her head as she hit it.
"OH MY GOD MOM!" I scream as I run to her side and help her up slowly, I can feel her heart beating fast and her breath is hot. She keeps her eyes closed still rubbing her head in confusion.
"MOM PLEASE SAY YOUR OK!!" I yell in fear.

She then mumbles something that I cannot understand and she stumbles a little.
"Mom!?" I yell again. I grab her, letting her lean on me for balance. I grab a chair with my free hand by the table and set her on it as she groans. I then let go of her and stay by her side, kneeling down at her eye level.
"Mom, answer me!" I say still in fear.
She straightens up and shakes her head as she opens her eyes, and I freeze by the sight of them.

  Her eyes are a bright yellow color and I shriek and launch backward, making my back hit the counter. My breath then starts to run faster.
"M-mom?" I say shrinking back against the counter keeping my eyes locked on her. She then shakes her head again and blinks, and her eyes are back to her regular blue color.
"(Y/n)?" She says in confusion as nothing had happened. She then gets up and steps towards me and I shrink backward more. She sees fear written all over my face and she steps closer.
"(Y/n)? are you ok?" She asks in confusion.
I stay in my position and start to breathe normally.
"Are you back to normal now?" I ask.
"What? What are you talking about?"
"You...your eyes were bright yellow...and-and your heart was beating super fast and your breath was very hot...and-and I thought that you were going to hurt me..." I say, my voice trembling.

   She freezes and her eyes widen, "No...no why did it have to happen when You were here" she says putting a hand over her mouth.
Suddenly we both hear a horn honking from outside the house, the bus I think.
"I-I have to go.," I say and I grab my backpack and run To the door and slam it behind me.

- TIME SKIP -

   I sit at the lunch table with Aili and Nick, talking about the Autobots secretly at the table in the corner of the lunchroom was nobody ever sits but us.
"So, what should we do when we get to the base?" Aili asks excitedly.
"I don't know...watch a movie? Take a ride? Or just hang... what do you think (Y/n)?" Nick asks, but I barely hear him since my head is spinning wildly with thoughts about what had happened this morning.

   Why were my mom's eyes bright yellow? What was happening to her? Is she on drugs? No, she can't be, no drugs can make your eyes turn color...I don't think there is anyway.
Nick snaps his fingers in front of my face to get my attention.
"Hello? (Y/n)? You in there?" He says still snapping his fingers in my face. I blink and shake the thoughts out of my head and look at him in confusion.

"Sorry, what?" I ask.
"I was asking what do you want to do when we get to the base?"
"I don't know, just....hang I guess," I say, the questions of my mom clouding my thoughts again but Aili then claps in front of my face and I flinch.
"(Y/n) what is up with you? You have been like this since this morning" Aili says crossing her arms wanting an explanation from me, but I can't think of one. Do I tell them what happened this morning? Or do I keep quiet? I mean they wouldn't tell anyone, they're my best friends and we keep each other's secrets all of the time.

   I sigh, "ok...you really want to know?" I ask. They both shake their heads quickly with wide eyes.
"Its...about my mom"
"What? (Y/n) what happened?" Aili asks with a sad tone as she puts a hand on my shoulder.
"Umm...I woke up this morning and I heard a big thud downstairs so I went to go check it out...and...I found my mom sitting on the floor" I say, my voice slightly breaking. And then I cut to the chase, "her eyes were bright yellow when she opened them, and she just....diddodon't seem like herself, but she blinked and then her eyes were back to normal and...she was fine" I finish looking down at the ground, still feeling their eyes on me.

   "Oh....did she says anything?" Nick asks.
"She said that we need to talk about something when I get back home....but....I'm too scared to go back right now. When I saw the look in her eyes, when she stared right into mine, I felt like she was going to hurt me"

   Aili looks at Nick than to me with worries written on her face.
"(Y/n)...maybe you should tell Optimus about this" she says. I look at her in confusion, what is she talking about? Does she still think that I like him? I don't like him...I don't think I do at least. Do I?.....wait hang on (Y/n), think for a second. You blushed when he said 'goodnight' to you last night. You like hanging out with him. You like him, just admit it to yourself, you like him. But, it wouldn't work out, he's an alien and your a human. And he might not even like you, but think about it. He offered to take you home, he is protective over you. What if he does? I blink a few times to try and clear my thoughts. But then one thing stays in your head and your heart skips a beat. You like him, your in love with Optimus Prime.

(Sorry that I didn't have an outfit pic for this chapter)