Chapter 8 - Staying The Night

A couple of hours later, after Ratchet had explained to me about what I was, I sit on the roof of the base. I look up to the night sky, and I start to think if the Autobots would just let me stay here tonight. They probably wouldn't mind, knowing that I don't want to go home tonight. I pull out my phone and realize that I have 7 missed calls from my mother. I groan, she's probably worried sick right now. I call her back and she answers, screaming in frustration and worries.

"WHERE IN THE ACTUAL HELL ARE YOU!! I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CALL YOU BUT YOU WOULDNT ANSWER, AND THEN I THOUGHT THAT YOU GOT KIDNAPPED AND KILLED SOMEWHERE!!" I let out an annoyed groan, and she keeps on yelling and screaming.
"Mom I'm fine-" she interrupts me.
"WHERE ARE YOU!?" She demands.
"Oh my God! Mom calm down I'm fine! I just don't want to come home because of what happened this morning, alright!?" I yell a little.
"Okay, okay sorry...I was just so worried...I thought that you were kidnapped and killed or something...I mean come on its Texas (Y/n)!"
"I know.."

   I have to explain to her what has been going on the past couple of days. I need to tell her the truth.
"Mom...you need to know something..." I start to speak with more self-control in my tone.
"What?! Are you pregnant?!" She exclaims.
"What no! Eww, Mom!" I yell at her. She overreacts so much.
"Oh ok, thank god! I thought that you-" I interrupt her sentence not wanting to know what she was going to say next.
"Mom! Listen to me, will ya!?"
"Ok ok, I'm sorry, you may continue" she advises.
I take a deep breath, "Do you know the name Cybertronian?" I ask and I hear her gasp from the other side of the phone.

   "How....how do you know that name?" She asks more concerned now.
"Because I met some"
"Oh my god..." she pauses then continues, "WAIT ARE THEY AUTOBOTS OR DECEPTICONS?! IF THEIR DECEPTICONS THEN SO HELP ME ILL GROUND YOU FOR A YEAR AND THEN ILL COME OVER THERE AND FUC!-"
"Woah! Woah! Mom chill! Don't worry about their Autobots!"
"Whew okay," she sighs.

  "I found your old team mom..." I say, waiting for her reaction.
"What? How is that possible?! Wait how do you know that they were my team? And did you find out that I was a Cybertronain wolf?"
"Ratchet explained everything to me, even that I was a Cybertronain wolf"
"Oh, oh Ratchet...I missed them so much, I thought that they all died from the war...actually, speaking of the war is it still going on?" She asks.
"Yes, yes it is" I answer back with sadness in my voice.
"What about the others? Is everyone else still alive? Does our planet still function?"
"What Cybertron? No...I guess it's just a barren wasteland. And Everyone else is okay, except two bots died when they arrived on Earth. The Decepticons followed"

   I hear an exhausted groan from her, "Who died?" She asks.
"Optimus said that his...sparkmate...Arcee was killed by Megatron....and that Jazz was also vanquished" I choked on the word spark mate, and I think she noticed but she chose to ignore it.
"No....not Arcee and Jazz! Oh God! I loved Jazz's jokes and funny puns he was always the one to make everyone laugh, except for the great Optimus prime that is, I haven't even seen the big bot smile. He was always so serious, but when Arcee died, he went rogue" she finishes.

   "Oh... I've made him smile before" I said blushing a little.
"Y-you have? The only one he would smile at was Arcee!"
"I thought you said that you never saw him smile before?" I ask confused.
"I maybe have once, but he was smiling at Arcee"
"Oh..."
"Is there something your hiding from me (Y/n)?" She asks with a more serious tone than her normal one. My eyes widen, oh shit she figured me out.
"No...."
"Mmhmm?"
"Okay maybe..."
"(Y/n) May Magnus! What are you hiding?" I smile a little, she has never said my full name like that before.
"Ummm, I might have a little crush on Optimus," I say, my smile getting brighter knowing that she can't even see it anyway.

"(Y/N)!!!" She screams my name and I start to get a little bit angrier.
"WHAT!?" I snap back at her.
"Optimus is waaayyyy out of your range there missy!"
"Eh? What are you talking about?" I ask confused.
"I mean that he's way more mature than you, he has more self-control, and he's prime!" She finishes.
"So?"
"Nevermind....but I will admit that you two would make beautiful sparkling's"
"Sparkiling's?" I ask.
"A sparkling is the Cybertronian term for a child" she explains and I nod, even though she can't see it.

   I suddenly remember what I was going to ask her when I called her.
"Hey mom, can I maybe stay here tonight?" I ask, wanting her answer to be yes.
"Well, yeah that's fine. BUT DONT DO ANYTHING STUPID WITH OPTIMUS!" She commands.
"Okay...?"
"Wait....its a school night" she remembers.
"Can you just say that I'm sick or something?" I beg.
"Yeah, I can figure something out.."
"Thank you!" I say excitedly.
"Oh...and Optimus advises that you come here tomorrow," I say.
"Okay, I'll come after work...is it at the old military base that Agent Fowler runs?" She asks and I get confused.
"Who's Agent Fowler?" I ask. She starts to laugh.
"You haven't met Agent Fowler yet?!"
"No..."
"Oh God! Hahahaha! You don't even know yet! Hahaha," I ignore her laughing.
"Yeah, it's an old military base hidden inside a mountain," I say.
"Okay Haha! I love you have fun" she says still laughing a little. She's so weird.
"I love you bye" I hang up and sigh. God that was awful, but really who is Agent Fowler?"