Part 43 ~

Josh's POV:

To say I'm worried sick is an understatement. Probably one of the biggest understatements of my life! After my phone call I had returned to find no coats or bags or stupid childhood friends, but more importantly no Livia. I spent at least half an hour frantically running around the club looking for her, only to be told they had already left. 

Again I wasn't worried about Liv what would do, I was worried about Eric. I mean, Liam was with them too but what if he left. What if Eric took advantage of Livia's drunken state? The thought alone makes my skin crawl, and I lean over the toilet once again retching. Remainders of last night's food and alcohol sting my nose as I sit up from the toilet and wipe my mouth with my sleeve. I wasn't even hung over. It was the stress of not knowing where Livia was.

Looking up at the clock I feel my heart drop as another second ticks by.

And another.

And another.

It was half one. She should be home. She needs to be home. 

Last night I waited up until half three just for her to come stumbling through the front door. At this stage I would be happy with just a brief phone call or a text but nope. Nothing.

Jogging into the kitchen I re-fill my glass of water for what feels like the hundredth time, trying to ignore the constant stare that Lucy is giving me.

"Will you stop worrying? You're beginning to freak me out!" She admits, taking another bite of her sandwich as she glares at me.

"I'm sorry" I apologize, taking gulp of water before placing my glass on the counter. Walking over I pull out a chair and sit beside her. Resting my head on my arms I look up at the dining room clock, cursing every second it ticks.

"Y'know, you remind me of a younger version of myself in secondary school!" Lucy laughs trying to lighten the mood. Pointing her finger at me she continues to justify her answer. "Waiting for math's lesson to end, Y'know that sort of thing" she says and I nod, unsure how to reply to that.

Suddenly the sound of the front door opening is heard, and I don't think I've ever frightened Lucy as much as I jump up making my chair screech against the wooden floorboards. Running towards the doorway I'm only greeted by the confused and slightly amused expression Connor is giving me. 

"Judging by the amount of pure disappointment on your face I take it I'm not the person you were expecting to see" he laughs, patting my shoulder as he passes me. Taking my place he sits down next to Lucy, post in hand. 

"I walked past your postman on the way up" Connor explains, holding up the post, "thought I would save him the trip" he continues. Flicking through our mail I lean back against the doorframe, looking towards our front door. I can hear Lucy and Connor discussing the amount of mail we receive as they flick through the papers, and it's only when they turn silent that I'm intrigued and turn around. 

They both sit there, huddled over some sort of magazine, shoulders touching so I can't see. 

"What's that?" I ask, expecting one of them to reply but neither of them does. Sighing, Connor holds the magazine above is head as if to say 'come see for yourself' despite Lucy's glare not to. 

"You're going to find out sooner or later. I don't want to be the person keeping it from you." Connor says, making me step forward in curiosity. "Just remember it's a gossip magazine ok? They turn a photo into an untrue and unnecessary situation," he says as I reach him, taking the magazine from his grip.

The stupid title should have been first to catch my eye, but it wasn't. It was his arm resting tightly around her waist. 

"WEDDING SCANDAL - to be or not to be?" the title covered the majority of the front page in bold dark letters against the white background. To the side of the text, a large photo of Livia and Eric leaving the club is printed, his arm wrapped tightly around her as she leans closely to him.