Part 14 ~

AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END AND I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU READ IT, THANK YOU :)

Livia's POV:

My eyes feel incredibly heavy as I try to open them, and the light seeping in through my curtains blind me. Groaning I sweep my hand through my messy hair and sit up in bed.
Last night had been one hell of a emotional roller coaster. Seeing Josh cry made me feel distraught, and in the end we both ended up laughing as we we're crying for each other. It was strange, but at the same time I had never felt like this before. I mean sure I have wanted to cry when my loved ones are in pain, but this felt like a whole new level with Josh!
After that we had just talked, talked like there was no tomorrow for that matter!

Quickly I get out of bed, pulling Josh's hoodie over my head and dragging a brush through my hair, before making my way down the stairs.

"No I don't want to tell her that-"

Josh's voice stops me from taking another step as I stand at the bottom of the stairs. 'tell her that-' who's her? I pray that he isn't talking about me, but god obviously didn't hear my thoughts.

"No I really can't tell Livia that! How am I even meant to bring that up in a casual conversation Jen?"

Jen? who's Jen? Oh.. the girl from the hospital. Suddenly an uneasy feeling forms in my stomach and I regret eaves dropping. Despite this I'm unable to move, almost frozen in place.

"Sorry Jen but I can't have her finding out our situation, it would ruin everything!"

Situation? I feel my heart drop as soon as the words leave his mouth.

I know now that we kind of used to date. Man this situation is to complex, I don't have a clue what me and Josh are! Well by the sounds of it he's already found another girl and is dating her!

"You don't know that Jen! What if she hates me, what if she leaves? No I just can't have her find out about us!"

Us, there's that word again.. He thinks I would leave? Well I can't can I? I'm already stuck because of the stupid 'I can't fly yet' plane dilemma! Well this fucking sucks..

"I'm sorry Jen, I just can't go through this again.." josh sighs, and before I can register what's happening I hear him making his way out of the living room. The door opens making me jump and stumble down the remaining step. Josh's head turns to face me and our eyes meet.

"Oh hi Livia" Josh smiles nervously and I pray that he doesn't think I've been here the whole time. I reply with a small awkward wave as he's still on the phone to that Jen girl.

"Liv's up now, i'll speak to you later or something." Josh quickly says still smiling at me. "Ok, bye"
Placing his phone in his back pocket he walks over nervously, "how did you sleep Livia?"

"Yeah, alright" I reply awkwardly, nodding my head in response.

"That's good. I made you breakfast.." josh says, turning his head towards the kitchen. Following his gaze I see a variety of breakfast items on the table. He'd obviously gone to a lot of trouble preparing it all.

"Th-thank you" I stutter. "listen josh, i erm-"

"You ok?" he quickly asks, a worried expression on his face.

"Yeah yeah- it's just.. this is a difficult situation for me to be in, and I.. I just don't want things to be awkward between us or for us to keep secrets from one another, you know?" I say nervously, hoping josh will catch on.

"Yeah of course. I promise I'll tell you everything Livia" he smiles warmly as another stab in the heart takes its tow. Well this hurts.. He just lied straight to my face...

"So-" josh clears his throat, "I was thinking today, since you don't have many clothes and other stuff with you we could go shopping?!" He says excitedly whilst pouring a glass of orange juice and handing it to me.

"Yeah, yeah sure sounds good" I reply hastily, taking a sip of the refreshing liquid.

"Cool, just tell me what time you want to roughly leave and we'll set off" Josh smiles again.

"How about in ten-twenty minutes?" i ask, getting a yes from Josh. I nod my head picking up an apple, taking a small bite out of it. Josh looks from me to the apple, then finally to the pile of food on the table, a confused expression on his face.

"Your not hungry?" He says a little disappointed.

"Not really, no. Sorry" I quickly mutter. Feeling guilty i turn my back to him and leave the room to get ready.

AUTHORS NOTE:

I know it's apology after apology but I am really sorry I don't update as often as I used to.
I'm in California at the moment on sort of a road trip, and I have to juggle school work with wattpad as well as family stuff. I also only have wifi every so often at the moment because I'm going from hotel to hotel. I'm currently writing this on the road so if I feel sick in a bit it's your fault ;) haha just kidding.

Will update when I next have wifi as nothing really happened in this chapter, hopefully tomorrow *fingers crossed*

ALSO

In the last two weeks I have received 30k reads on my first book, reached 1k votes overall and finally 100 followers!!
That is (excuse my language) fucking incredible and I'm still gobsmacked.

I love you all so much, honestly!

:) xxxxx