Part 36 ~

This was supposed to be two seperate chapters so I hope you like this double (sorta) update! Thankyou again for all your love and support x

Staring at the bowl in front of me I slowly pick up the wooden spoon Jen had given me, stirring the strange mixture into a green paste. Josh had left early this morning to attend his press conference, not that I minded. It was his last work related issue before the wedding, which I’m thankful for. Not long after, Jen picked both Lucy and me up for a day of pampering at her flat. So far we had done the usual like nails and hair, and now we were making facemasks in our pajamas.

“Is this what the face masks are supposed to look like?” I laugh, crinkling my nose in disgust as I look at the paste we had made.

“Well we followed all the instructions” Jen frowns, looking between the book and the bowl, trying to figure out where we went wrong.

“I, erm… I don’t really want that on my face…” Lucy says, making me laugh again, nodding my head in agreement.

“Oh come on guys, it can’t be that bad. Besides, all the ingredients are organic!” Jen replies taking the bowl from my hands enthusiastically. “Lucy lie down-“

“I thought this was supposed to be relaxing-“

“It is if you would just lie down” Jen retaliates, pushing her shoulders so she’s lying on her back on the living room floor. The entire room was decorated in blankets, as well as a number of candles on the coffee table and mantelpiece.

Chuckling I sit down next to Lucy, feeling her squirm next to me as Jen puts the paste on her cheeks.

“Don’t laugh, oh ew-ew” she squeals as she tries to scolder me, but some of the paste trickles in to her mouth. “Oh Jen that’s gross-“

“Then don’t open your mouth” Jen laughs before turning to me, applying the facemask to my skin.

Grabbing the bowl from Jen’s hands I gently massage the paste onto her skin also before lying back down and closing my eyes.

“So, not long now” Jen says and I smirk at her blunt questions.

“Yeah…”

“Well, are you not freaking out at all? I mean, you are getting married to josh,” she laughs and I frown playfully.

“What’s wrong with Josh?” I pout, trying not to laugh at Jen’s disgust.

“He’s such a weirdo,” she laughs, and I chuckle along with her.

“I agree, but I think that’s why I love him so much” I reply truthfully, and Jen pretends to be sick. “Oi, don’t be mean!” I laugh, playfully hitting her arm as a punishment.

“Can we talk about something else besides the wedding” Lucy groans, massaging her temples with the pads of her fingers. “It’s giving me a headache!”

“Then why are you so evolved?” I laugh, “Lucy, you’re more stressed than I am!”

“I just want your big day to be perfect, you’ve both been through so much crap it just needs to be awesome!” she replies.

Breathing in and out deeply I smile, relaxing my shoulders for what feels like the first time in days. The atmosphere in the room is so peaceful; I literally feel the tension escaping my body.

“This is nice” Jen reads my mind, “We should do this much more often, don’t you think?”

Lucy just grunts, “I think she agrees” I laugh with Jen at Lucy’s new state of relaxation.