Part 24 ~

So here's an early update as a happy new year gift! This will be the last update for about a week. I'm really sorry but i have mocks to revise for as well as family stuff. Hope your all well x

Glancing up i only see his eyes, and in that moment i swear everything stopped. 

His eyes. They held so much emotion it made my heart flutter and i have to remind myself to breathe. In this very moment i feel like nothing can go wrong. I feel like despite everything that's happened in the past, as long as i'm here and i'm with him, nothing can touch us. Nobody can cause us anymore hurt, guilt, pain, grief. Nobody can touch us because i love him, and i know that he loves me. 

"I love you Livia"

"I love you t-"

I can hear gasps and cries all around me.

"Liv- Liv are you all right?" I hear Lucy say, but can't bear to open my eyes.

The weight of the person that fell on top of me adjusts, moving onto the floor and a shadow looms over my face as they kneel over me. Everything seems to go quite as a hand touches my face and and I hear a frightened voice speak as they lean in closer. 

"I'm so sorry, are you ok?"

Slowly i force myself to open my eyes, and that's when i see him.

"Josh?" my voive is tremberling and i can feel my hands shaking as i move them from his face. I push myself slightly away and he looks at me in confusion. He tries to move closer again, panic written all over his face but i push him further away, taking a few steps back. 

"Liv- Liv what is it?"

That voice. I hear it every night when i dream. But they weren't dreams where they- they were memories. I feel a tear trickle down my cheek but i don't care enough to wipe it away. I don't want to wipe it away. It's proof that i'm crying over a memory. 

"Liv please whats-" I interupt him by putting my hand up to silence him. I just needed a minute. A minute to breathe and to think.

Taking another step back i feel my chest rise and fall quicker with every heart beat. Starting at Josh's shoes i trace upwards, taking in his whole appearence. The way his jeans and jacket fit and the way his hands were shaking just like mine. His jaw clenched shut as his eyes water up, and he breathes shakily in an attempt not to cry. 

"L-livia?" his voice betrays him; breaking. His lips start to tremble and soon he's wiping away tears with the back of his hand.

My hands fly up to mouth, partly covering them in shock, partly trying to regain my breath.

"O-oh m-my god-"

"Oh my g-god? O-oh my god what?"

It's only then that i look up. My surroundings, our date. Its beautiful. Whether it was the reflection of the city or space i don't know, but the inky black sky was lit up with colours. Blues, purples, greens, pinks. The stars were more prominent than i'd ever seen them before and it quite literally took my breath away.

Looking back at Josh i see him staring, all the hope from his eyes had been replaced with dispare and worry.

"I- I love y-you too!' I splutter- smiling yet crying at the same time.

"Wh-what? Liv you've said i love you s-so many t-times before." Josh breathes heavily, pushing a hand through his hair, "w-why is it s-so different now- why a-are you crying-"

"C-cause i d-do. I do love you." I say. "Y-you never g-gave u-up on me a-and, and the doctors s-said it may never happen b-but you never gave m-me up"

Josh just looks at me distraught, and i know i'm coming off crazy. I turn around, pushing my hands through my hair trying to say it the right way.

"Livia i-i don't understand-"

"You stuck with me through e-everything Josh! Through the paps and t-the mis-misunderstandings. Through the lily and the t-time a-at the train station. Through the break up, the w-winter ball, l-long distance relationship, the ring and the accident!" I blurt out, not caring if i'm coming out crazy anymore. "I-I've put y-you through so much crap and you never stopped. Y-you never stopped caring and t-trying t-to love me even when i refused it. W-when we would have another fight over a s-simple misunderstanding-"

"L-Liv- you r-"

I nod my head frantically at his words as we both cry. The distance between us is almost unbearable for me and i can feel my heart swelling as i look at the desperatness in Josh's features.

"Y-yeah. Yeah i do" I say, laughing slightly. Josh doesn't though, instead he runs up and both his hands are on either side of my face. My vision is blury but i can still make out josh's eyes as they flutter close, so i allow mine to do the same as our lips meet. 

I love him. I do- I love him. His voice makes my lips pout, the way he smiles makes my heart swell and when he laughs- god. I love him so much i don't think even words could describe this feeling inside of me.

My cheeks are wet and when i raise my hands to Josh's face his are too. Even when i stop to take a small breathe he carries on, planting little kisses all over my lips, jaw, cheek, nose. Everywhere he feels he hasn't kissed into long. Like catching up on lost time.

"Y-you remember?"

"Y-yeah. I remember"

Your welcome!

Trailer for runner runner is on the side, i would really apreciate if you would check it out :)

Big love, x