Part 29 ~

Driving to the airport was tense. Josh kept on reassuring me, giving me friendly gestures like squeazing my hand when I was quiet for too long to bring me back to him. 

I'm not helping myself though.. I had said goodbye to everyone like it was the last time I would see them, jen, Sam and all my work collegues and friends. I know i'm just being paranoid but to be quite honest the thought of getting on the plane is scaring the shit out of me. That's how I lost my memory, how am I supposed to know it won't happen again?

Baggage check and securtity was a blur as Josh never left my side, and soon enough we were sitting outside the flight gate. Looking at my lap I only see Josh's hands, wrapped tightly around my own to stop them from shaking. 

"Flight 265 non stop to Heathrow London is now boarding, may all passengers please report to gate 24" 

Ok, this is it. My heart pace seems to pick up and I feel like throwing up. Ahead of Josh I abruptly stand up, taking him aback slightly. He quickly stands to his feet also and I grab my bag, and begin walking to the front desk. My legs are beggining to shake and i feel like my knees might buckle at any moment.

"I can't do this-" I begin to say, but Josh Immediantly stops, pulling me away from the lines of people and forcing me around to face him.

"I can't do this Josh- I can't-"

"No, no Liv look at me" he says harshly as I blink away the tears. Before I can even reply i'm pulled into his arms. "Don't you cry Livia, don't cry" his tone much more gentle as i try to control my breathing. "Everything will be ok-"

"How do you know that? Josh I'm terrified. I don't want to wake up in a hospital bed and see you as a strangers face. How do you know that I won't relapse, that we won't go to hell and back all over again?" I interupt, pulling away from him. Looking up into his eyes i see it. I see the fear that he feels. He just as worried how can he stay so calm-

His finger slips under my chin, and his touch alone seems to sooth me. "Listen to me Liv, and only me. Please" he says slowly. "Do you want to know why I think you won't relapse?" He asks and i look up, nodding slightly to tell him to go on. "Because I'm here. I'm here and i'm never going to leave your side. Besides, we're engaged now" he laughs slightly, lightening the mood. "Ok?"

"Livia?" someone asks, tearing my attention from Josh. Turning around, I come face to face with her. The breathe i had just got back was knocked straight back out again just by looking at a ghost from my past.

Her blonde curly hair had straightened out and her face more elegant from the years that have passed. The thought of seeing her again often crossed my mind, and now that she was here, standing in front of me it felt unreal. It shoul really put me on edge, but it didn't... it calmed me.

"Livia?" Josh tenses beside me, waiting for me to respond to the girl staring straight back at me. "Do you know who she is?" he whispers, but I only stare, frozen to my spot.

Her smile faulters as she slows down, coming to a full stop in front of me.

"You- you do know who i am, don't you?" she asks.

"Of- of course I do" I seem to gush breathless, before rushing towards her and pulling her into a tight hug.

"Lucy? Who are you-" her father approaches us, and i pull back as he looks at the pair of us. "Hi, I'm Lucy's father? And you are?" he asks, holding out his hand.

Before i can take it Josh is shaking his hand, "I'm Josh, and this is my fiance Livia-"

"livia..." The man repeats, looking from his daughter back to me and realisation is written on his face. "Livia?" he asks, and i nod, a smile plastered on my face.

"Yes dad, This is Livia" she says, the eight year old girl wrapping her arms back around my waist, holding me tightly while Josh looks confused. "This is the girl that saved my life"  

So, what do you guys think? Please leave a comment I read them all, and don't forget to vote! :)

Love you x