Part 6 ~

Ok, so I'm not a scientist so if any of my medical knowledge is wrong then sorry not sorry. Haha :P

Hope your all ok! :) x

Josh's POV:

I felt like someone had just stabbed me in the heart. The blade of the knife sharp and cold against my skin. The blade being her words.

Livia had said she didn't know me. She doesn't know who I am! My mind kept replaying her words over and over again, like it was trying to programme them into my head despite me begging for them to disappear.

I heard someone clear there voice, but I couldn't bring myself to look up. I just felt so hurt, empty, confused.. angry?

"Son, I understand your in shock. We have some medicine you can take to help-" It was Doctor Masons voice beside me. I felt another polystyrene cup being forced into my hands, the material soft and cold. Opening my eyes I looked down at my lap, where my hands were gripping onto the cup. A couple of inches of clear liquid floated at the bottom. I blinked, watching one of my tears fall into the liquid. The medicine rippled under the impact. I felt like I was rippling, well more like crumbling. I wasn't sure what I looked like on the outside, but the inside was clear. As clear as the way she spoke those words.

Brining the cup to my lips I downed the medicine, surprised by its sweet rather than bitter taste.

"Josh, is it ok if I talk about Livia's condition?" Doctor Mason asks, her name causing another puncture to my heart. When I don't reply he continues, "It seems that she was in coma, she just recovered and woke quickly. Her head injury was worse than we thought, and we're not sure why these sort of things happen but she does have severe memory loss." I knew his words were true before he had even said them; that she had memory loss. I guess i just didn't want to believe it. My Livia wouldn't of been like that-

"Despite this we think due to her dramatic recovery in everything else, she will make a recovery to this too-"

My head shoots up, startling the man slightly.

"We believe that, if given enough reasons and connections towards you, she will recognise you from them. In other words, she might remember-"

My heart leaps at these words, but Doctor Mason just frowned. Shouldn't he be happy about this?

"Josh I know what your thinking. If you attempt to aid her she will remember you in a heart beat, but I have to tell you now it won't be as easy as that."

"I, I don't understand-" I say looking back down at my lap, which soon becomes blurry because of the tears.

"Well think of this from her point of view- she has just woken up in a strange and unfamiliar environment surrounded by unfamiliar faces. She can only remember her life from a couple of years ago, so to be told any new information will be dramatically life changing for her. For example, a man that she believes she has never met has just told her he loves her." He says referring to me, "I don't know about you but that would scare the shit out of me-" he adds trying to lighten the mood a little.

"Why- how- how can she not remember who I am?" I ask my voice quivering. I can feel Jens warm hands wrap around mine as they shake, trying to comfort me.

Doctor Mason sighs before replying. "Josh- there is a theory that memory loss is based upon. We have no idea how this happens, or why for that matter. But we believe that the last thing this person thought about before receiving the head injury will be the thing forgotten"

"So your saying that-" I couldn't even finish my sentence. I was the reason she was In the accident to begin with, but now I'm also the reason why she's forgotten who I am?