Part 19 ~

I open my eyes, expecting light from the windows to come flooding through but it's still dark outside. I try to set my mind straight but memories from only hours ago come flooding to my mind making me blush.
The way he held me. Touched me. The way his lips felt pressed to my neck, jaw line, finally resting on my lips where they belonged.
Rolling over I reach out for Josh's warmth but only reach empty sheets. Their still warm though. Slowly I sit up in the bed, gently tracing the outline of my jaw revealing a small love bite behind my ear lobe. The feeling under my finger tips automatically places a smile on my lips and I feel a deep blush make its way onto my cheeks. Thank god it's dark.

Slowly I pull myself from the soft sheets on the bed and make my way downstairs. Filling a glass full of water, I place it to my lips and swallow the cool refreshment.
My feet tread along the woollen carpet until I pass the conservatory where the door is slightly open. The sound of cars in the distance and a few drunken passer by's can be heard as I make my way over, pulling the door fully open.

He's sitting there with his back to me. He's wearing a pair of lose tracky bottoms and a dark hoodie similar to the one i found in my carry bag the day I was released from the hospital.

Sounds strange but the hoodie smelt so foreign yet familiar at the same time, like remembering a dream from years ago. I think the hoodie once belonged to Josh. He got all emotional when I brought it out, and shut down just like all the other times I brought up the past.

I remember that day so clearly...

Josh's movement brings me back to the present day as his hands tug at his hair, a habit he's being doing a lot recently. I hear a faint sniffle and his hands reaches up to wipe something from his face.

"Josh?" I ask timidly. Josh jumps up in surprise, turning around to face me quickly wiping the remaining tears from his face.

"L-Livia I erm, I didn't know you were out here" josh stutters and I smile at how nervous he is. Walking over I sit on the same step he was just sat down on, and he soon joins me back in his previous position.

"Yeah, I erm- couldn't sleep" I reply. "and please, forget what I said. Call me Liv" I laugh nervously, thankful when josh returns my life.

"It's ok. I think we both said something's we didn't mean." he says and I can't help but think he's more reassuring himself than telling me.

Silence takes over us but its not to bad, almost comforting in an unfamiliar way.
After a few more seconds I speak again, just as josh does.

"Sorry for-" "Liv listen-"

I can't help but smile and blush as josh chuckles at how couple like we are.
"You go first" josh says, turning away from my face to look at the beautiful scenery of his garden. nervously I swallow the lump in my throat before replying.

"I was just going to say sorry for interrupting your thoughts."

"Don't worry you didn't. I have a tendency to over think things so thank you, you know for interrupting me" he laughs before facing me again. His joking expression turns serious and I feel my heart flutter under his gaze.

"I was just going to say sorry" josh says slowly, resting his head in his hands looking up at me. Just the one sentence made my breathe hitch.

"Sorry?"

"I'm sorry. For everything" he says and a tear slowly roles down my cheek.

"You don't have to apologise for anything-"

"I do though. I knew how hard this would be for you, for anyone for that matter. And the one thing you needed from me was honestly and to be able to put your trust in me, and I didn't do that."

"Josh that's not true. I didn't mean anything i said yesterday, I was just over emotional."

"Oh" josh says, and the tension in the air seemed to raise. His jaw clenched slightly and I suddenly felt nervous.
"So, you, you erm-" josh stutters and i can tell he's trying to contain his anger, "so you regret everything last night."

Ah. He thinks I don't...

"I understand. I know after everything we've been through you might never be able to love me back but I just thought that after last night-"

I stop him mid sentence, cupping his face with his hands and press my lips to his sweetly. "you talk to much" I mumble against his lips. He chuckles at my response as he kisses me back making me smile into the kiss before pulling away, "and I didn't regret everything" I say exaggerating the last word. "I didn't regret some of the words I said"

Josh looks up at me through his eye lashes full of hope and I feel my heart race pick up. "Are you sure-" I press my lips to silence him once more before replying.

"Josh, I'm positive"

"I love you, you know that right?" he asks and I nod my head.

"Yes, I know" I whisper, closing my eyes and resting my forehead against his. "And I meant the words I said last night too."

"Say it" josh whispers and my heart swells at the urgency in his words.

"You do know I always will. I always have. You don't need me to say it to know that right-"

"Yes yes I know but please. I need to hear" josh breathes heavily interrupting me and my heart aches for him.
He needs me just as much as I need him.

"I love you Josh"

"I love you Liv"

AUTHORS NOTE:

No smut for you haha sorry guys!

OMG the amount of votes reads and comments in so little days is unbelievable guys.

Your comments make me smile so much. Literally I looked like a mad man grinning from ear to ear reading them. I agree on all of them about Catching Fire by the way, just KEVAKSODBALSUDBAKDIF OMFG EOS EKSHEUSNDGS

So yeah, haha love you lots!! :) x