Part 28 ~

"See, the interview wasn't so bad, was it?" Jen smirks, nudging my side making me laugh. 

"No I guess not, just a bit embarresing.." i admit, blushing and I can tell Jen is about to mock me about anouncing mine and Josh's engagement.. again. "Please don't" I interupt her midsmirk, and she laughs knowing exactly what I was thinking. 

"Anyway, change of topic" she says, taking a bite out of her lunch so I do the same. We were both at mine and Josh's new apartment, well.. when I say knew we've been here for about two years now and it's perfect. It's just big enough for us and one or two other people, so when family and friends came to visit there was just enough room for us all. 

I finished my education here in the US and got a job as a psychiatrist at local children's hospital and i honestly love it. Working with children was enough, but helping them come to terms and stay emotionally stable through whatever illness they had.. that was a whole new level. I didn't get payed much but the smiles on their faces constantly makes my heart swell with joy.

I haven't been back to the UK yet. Quite honestly.. it scared me, and Josh too. I think we were both scared my condition would relapse and we would lose everything we have fought so hard for. Besides, I'm happy here. I feel like i finally belong as cringy as that sounds. 

"So have you put much though into the wedding?" Jen asks, and i swallow quickly so I can answer her. 

"Not much.. We've talked a little about it but no dates have been made" I smile but Jen frowns.

"How long have you been engaged now Liv?" she asks and place my sandwich down frowning slightly.

"I- I don't know.. It was November last year" I say and Jen eyes widen at my response.

"See, that's exactly what i'm saying. It's March! A five month engagement so far and you haven't even given it a second thought." she says, trying to freak me out slightly but I stay calm, only laughing at her girly response.

"I'm not worrried-" I state, standing up and taking both our plates to the sink, turning the hot tap on to wash them. "I'm only 24 years old Jen, we have so much time ahead of us and this time i'm not going anywhere-"

"Are you having second thoughts?" Jen states and i literally snort at her response, turning round to face her I shake my head.

"no of course not!" i say, causing her to blush embarrassed for being so upfront.

"ok.. well is there any other problem causing you to-" she begins but i raise an eyebrow causing her to stop. 

The sound of the front door opening and closing makes Jen jump out of her seat and tackle josh into a hug as he enters the room. "Livia was about to bite my head off" she exclaims making me chuckle and turn back to the sink, washing the dishes.

"course she was.." Josh laughs, and soon i feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and he kisses me on the cheek.

"fine take her side, I knew you would" Jen says dramatically and I feel like turning round and splashing her with the soapy water because of the cheek of it.

It's quiet for a few minutes, giving me just enough time to get my head around things. Slowly I wash the last dish, placing it on the side to dry. As I watch the water drip from the surface I feel Josh tense beside me. He knows what I'm thinking about...

"You know I love you, right Jen?" I ask, turning to face her with a sad smile on my face. Jen's mood completely changes as she then tackles me into a hug, pushing Josh out of the way.

"I'm going to miss you" I say, hugging her back tightly, burrying my face in her neck.

"I'll miss you too" she says, before pulling away from me and grabbing my shoulders forcing me to look at her. "I'll see you next week though, I promise you." she smiles reassuringly.

Nodding my head I turn away, and the sight of mine and Josh's suitcases neatly packed in the corner of the room, ready for our trip to London. Visiting my parents a week before the premiere was a risky Idea, and just the sight  of our suitcases alone put me on edge. 

"Hey-" Jen nudges me again, "I'll see you for our ussual sunday sandwich day next week" she laughs, brightening up the situation making me smirk. 

"Ok" I laugh, feeling Josh's arm find themselves back around my waist and he kisses the back of my neck soothingly.

We were ready for this. I knew we were.