Part 8 ~

AUTHORS NOTE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEE READ!!

Ok so I just wanted to say I'm sorry Im not posting as regularly as I used to. I just don't have the time to write as much.
Also I'm sorry, this chapter should have more added onto it but that would of meant it would of been longer until I updated so yeah.
Anyhow hope you enjoy, and THANKYOUUU SO MUCH for all the lovely comments and messages. I read them all!
Hope your all ok :) x

Livia's POV:

"I'm sorry for interrupting you again" Doctor Mason says apologetically, stepping into the room and holding the door open. "but there's someone here to see you"

"Livia!" my mum says rushing into the room panic written across her face, Lucy and my Dad following closely behind her.

"Mum, dad! Lucy!" I begin to well up as they rush over wrapping there arms around me. Josh lets go of my hand standing back so there's room for everyone else.

"Hunny, what the hell were you thinking?!" my mum says pulling away from me, tears running down her face. "getting a plane all the way to LA to see Josh on your own! I'm mean out of all the things you have done-"

"I did what?!" now it makes sense! That's why Josh was so upset and saying it was his fault.. Had i been coming to see him?

"What?" my mum asks confused. Lucy pulls away from me, wiping her face, however tears soon cover her dry cheeks. It hurt me so much to see her crying like that.. Finally my dad unraveled his arms from mine, instead holding my hand tightly. I had never seen my Dad cry before...

"Mr and Mrs McLaren, maybe it would be best if I explained Livia's condition outside-"

"I can see what's wrong with her-" my mother snaps, obviously stressed, "broken leg, rib, and a bump on the head"

"Not exactly," Dr Mason says, "she has severe memory loss-"

"What? no she doesn't! she knows exactly who her parents and best friend are-" my mother snaps again.

"Mum, please calm down" I barely whisper making her head snap towards me. Out of the corner of my eye I can see josh welling up as he stares at the floor.

"Mr and Mrs McLaren, if you would like to step outside?" Mr Mason asks again. I notice my Dad placing a hand on her shoulder, and this time my mother obliges, however Lucy stays put staring at me. As soon as the door swings shut she speaks, her voice uneven.
"What- what does he mean?" she ask, "what can you not remem- there's nothing wrong with you" she stutters, tears falling down her face.

I begin to cry too as I nod my head. I had no idea what to say to her. Suddenly josh bolts to the door, avoiding eye contact with me as he leaves the room.

"What's wrong with Josh? I know this must be hard for him-"

"You know josh?" I ask. Confusion crosses her face then the realisation kicks in.

"Oh- oh no"

Josh's POV:

I couldn't help it. Hearing her mother say that stuff- 'she knows exactly who her parents and best friend are...' Her words fresh in mind.
I know she didn't know anything about Livia's condition, and the things she had forgotten but it still hurt. And bad-

But I had to stay strong for Livia. I couldn't let her see me cry. Her crying was enough to trigger me so I bolted.

"Yes, she has forgotten him-Josh?" I hear Dr Mason stutter as I leave the room, the swinging door shutting loudly behind me interrupted him. I glance at Livia's parents for a second before turning away and walking down the long corridor. So now they new..
The newly white painted walls seemed to make the room much lighter. It was strange having such a happy strong colour in a place that held nothing but misery and darkness to me. The smell of the paint made me feel faint as I walked faster and faster trying to find an exit.

"Josh!" I hear someone yell behind me. A mans voice. "Josh!!" they shout again but I can't stop.
I had to get out of here. Away from this fate which was driving me insane.

Taking the last few steps I push open the exit door, and the refreshing cold air hits me. As I take a few steps forward I feel my legs begin to shake and my stomachs churns.

I hear the door swinging open again and footsteps heading my way before my knees buckle. Before I know it I'm on my hands and knees retching. Everything becomes a blur and all my emotions I seem to feel take over of my entire body. I can faintly see tears falling to the ground, and the vile smell of vomit reaches my nostrils.

"It's ok son-" Livia's dad says rubbing my back soothingly, "can we get some help over here please!" he shouts louder before returning to his normal voice. "It's ok-"

"No its not-" I manage to blurt out as my body shudders with heavy sobs, "how's it even possibly ok-"

I look up to Livia's father, his eyes bloodshot and he breathes heavily thinking of a response.

"I- I don't know"

Oh.. I guess I was expecting something more. Some comforting words telling me no matter what it would be ok. I guess those type of things only happen in dreams. Or even fairy tales..
Either way, it didn't exist.