Chapter 16 - Holy Sh!t

20 minutes later - MJ's POV:

"I dont get it, why would she just leave the room like that?" I panic, furiously drying my hair with a towel.

"She's probably just out there waiting for us to get dressed" Rihanna says, applying lipstick in the mirror, "relax."

It's hard to relax because coming out the bathroom and not seeing Beyonce here just doesnt feel right. Where has she gone? Does she even know her way around the suite? Did she need to use the bathroom? Was she knocking on the door but we couldn't hear it because the quickie was just that damn good?

"So, does this mean we're back together?" Rihanna asks, in a creepy baby voice.

"It was just sex" I reply, ruthlessly; I've got other shit on my mind.

"I'm gonna act like I didnt hear that" Rihanna says, slinging her handbag over her shoulder "I'ma call you after the shoot, see if you're not busy. Make sure your phone's on."

"Aight."

She kisses me on my mouth then pulls my bottom lip with her teeth, biting me gently, "I love you."

"I know thisss" I smirk.

"Fucking jerk" Rihanna sucks her teeth then heads for the door.

"I'm messing" I giggle, pulling her by the arm, "wait, I'ma walk you out the suite."

I throw my wife-beater on and follow Rihanna out the door; as I walk behind her, I note for the zillionth time what a mean ass walk she has and bite my lip.

I dont love you and I never will, but I really like you and that's real.

"I've found her!" Rihanna says in a sing-song voice when she enters the front room, "told you she was out here."

I walk faster so I can catch up to Rihanna, eager to see Beyonce for myself; when I see her, she's sitting all alone on the couch with her suitcase in front of her - she looks pissed off.

"Byyyeee, it was ever so lovely to meet you" Rihanna smiles at Beyonce, "you'll be seeing me again. Again. And again."

"No, I wont be" Beyonce says, flatly; the look on her face is so cold and lifeless.

"Whatever! Bye, bae" Rihanna pulls the door open and walks out; the door slams shut, adding to the dramatic feel of the tension in the air.

Beyonce's staring into space and hasn't even bothered to look at me since I walked in; I look down at her suitcase.

Fuck.

My head drops into my hands as I realize what's happening; Beyonce's leaving the penthouse, and possibly the girl group too.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

My mind's gone crazy; I open my mouth to see if something intelligent will come out, "so, um....I see you got your stuff back out here" I sound like a fucking lame, "Um, I guess you, uh_"

"Take me home, please."

"Can we talk?"

"Take me back....to my old life."

I feel a sharp pain in my chest as my heart breaks, "Beyonce. Dont."

She gets up and finally faces me; her eyes are tearful, "I'm sorry. I cant do this. It's not for me."

The pained look on her face makes me look away, "you dont know that. You haven't even given it a chan_"

"I've seen enough, I dont need to see any more" her voice cracks, "I dont belong here."

"YES YOU DO!" I hear myself shout; my outburst scares Beyonce and her lips start trembling as her eyes fill up with more tears.

"I'm sorry" I compose myself, "I just....I just dont want you to go."

Tears drip down Beyonce's face as she looks deep in my eyes; she licks the tears off her lips, "but you....."

I step closer, "hmm?"

She wipes some tears with her hand, "but you dont even care.....like.....like how I thought you did when I met you."

I hang my head down, ashamed of myself; I know exactly why she thinks I dont care - Rihanna and Kim.

I look up and sigh, "I care way more than you think."

Beyonce furrows her eyebrows and shakes her head in disagreement.

"It's true."

"So why does it feel like we're strangers in here? The connection I thought we had is non-existent" her voice breaks, "you didnt even tell me you have a girlfriend! I mean, I told you about Chris, my boyfriend. If we're friends, why didnt you say anything?"

"I didnt have anything to say, honestly, she never crossed my mind. I broke up with her."

"Bullshit!"

I scratch my head, unsure of what to do or say; I didnt even know she uses cuss words.

Beyonce puts one hand over her eyes as she bursts out crying, "I'm so confused."

"Come here" I wrap my arms around her and squeeze her tight, "you're special to me. If you stay, I'll show you."

Beyonce tears away from my embrace, "you can show me now."

??????😮

I'm not sure whether I heard that correctly; is Beyonce really asking me to prove how much I care? Like, right now??? As in, here in the middle of the front room??? Let me just make sure....

"Show you now?" I press my lips together, my eyes wide with anticipation.

She takes a deep breath, "yes."