Chapter 68 - Smooth Criminal

Kate's Room - MJ's POV:

I'm sitting here with mom and I've decided to try to call Joseph; I need to hear this shit from the man himself.

Answer your phone, you fucking piece of shit😡

He answers it and my heart rate speeds up; I wasnt expecting him to, "hello, MJ. It's good to hear from you. How's life?"

I speak calmly, using all my might to tame the beast within me, "how do we know if what you're telling us is true?"

He goes silent then sniggers, "I'd love to help right now but today is not a good day, I'm extremely busy. Call back tomorrow and mayb_"

I cut him off by hanging up. Do I really need to tell you that I'm fuming? I'm sure you can just imagine my anger. This man is going to make me turn into the hulk from all this built up anger I feel to unleash.

Is he forgetting I know all of his offices in Houston? I will find him!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

"What did he say?" Mom asks, sensing the negative response.

"To call tomorrow" I say through a bitter laugh.

"Fucking bastard. He could be playing games, for all we know."

Just then, an irritating voice calls from outside, "Kate, is MJ in there with you?"

"Fuck off, Rihanna!" I snap at the door.

"Bae, please can we talk?"

"Say another word and I'll punch you in your clit!"

Mom gasps and moves away from me, "MJ, you know damn well I dont like that kinda talk. I raised you better than that."

"I know mom, you taught me to talk to women with respect, I'm sorry" I sigh, "it's just that women are driving me crazy right now."

"Well, women are not the enemy. It's the man you call 'dad'."

"Actually, I call him 'Joseph' nowadays" I rise to my feet, "and I got something for that ass."

"Where you going?" mom panics.

"Just to get some info" I rush out the door, thinking of a master plan; as I fly past Rihanna, she grabs the back of my shirt and stops me.

"MJ, why you treating me like this?" she whimpers.

I turn round and see tears falling down her face; I know when she's being dramatic and I know when she's seriously hurting - she's seriously hurting right now.

Oh my God, Ri....

I step closer and look deep into her desperate eyes; Could it be true? Is this the woman I'm supposed to marry? Should I stop running from her? Can she love me the way I need her to?

I place my hands on her face and wipe her tears with my thumbs, "I'm so sorry, Robyn. I promise we'll talk later, ok?"

Rihanna gasps in excitement, "omagod bae, you called me 'Robyn'! You stopped calling me that last year when we officially broke up. Then I just became Rih."

Damn, I didnt even realize I called her that; I guess my brain is trying to cope by erasing new memories and taking me back to a time they didnt exist, back to a time when life was all about this woman in front of me.

"I miss being Robyn" her voice trembles, as her eyes turn into pools of tears, "and I miss you. Every fucking day."

I stare at her black eye for a second, "you need an ice pack for that."