Chapter 3 - Live Your Dream...Or Nightmare?

Beyonce's POV:

"Hey, Beyonce, come on in!" Joseph greets me at the door; I'm still in awe of his big mansion, I can feel my eyes dancing as I step inside "the girls cant wait to meet you, I've been talking about you all week."

I respond with a shy smile and follow his lead as he guides me towards a room; I know it's a recording studio because the hip-hop music is getting louder as we get nearer to the door.

Joseph is first to enter; as soon as he pushes the door open, the music stops and the room falls silent "girls, are you ready to meet the final addition to the group? You excited?"

I cant see anything from behind Joseph but I hear three voices talking all at once - "ready as ever", "fo' shaw" "let's see the muthafucka!" - I dont know why, but my heart starts beating a little faster, reminding me that I'm actually very nervous.

Joseph finally unblocks my view as he steps to the side and I can now see FIVE people all sitting down and gawking at me "everyone say hello to Beyonce and introduce yourselves."

"Sup ma, my name's Pharrell, I'm a writer and producer for PBA" a guy with a funny hat says; he points to the big guy beside him "this my nigga Timbaland, he's helping with some of the production today."

"Lovely to meet you" I bow my head respectfully in an attempt to hide my nerves; I'm not about to let them know I'm a fan of their work and that I'm totally star-struck.

Stay cool, stay cool.

"Yo, I'm Aaliyah" a tomboy with shades on says in a smooth tone as she throws up the peace sign with two fingers; she's sat with her legs wide open like the guys and is leaning all the way back, looking like she's drowning in her seat. Dyke, much? Sorry, that's rude of me.

"I go by the name of Nicki Minaj and I'm the barbie up in this bitch" a whiny voice says in a cocky tone; I look over at one of the most ratchet-looking females I've ever seen. She flashes me a big fake smile and bats her eyelids like a doll. Okaayyyy then!

"Hey, beautiful, my name's MJ, and Joseph is my dad. Welcome to the team" a sweet voice says in a soft tone; we lock eyes...

My goodness, what a face! And how striking are its features! That smile, those eyes. Oh my God his hair! Did he really just call me beautiful? Me? I'm beautiful? To him? The definition of beauty itself? This portrait of perfection? This flawless piece of art? Lord forgive me for looking at another man like this but..... DAMNNN!!!!😍

"Thank you, and um, yeah it's nice to be a part of the team, lovely to meet all of you" I manage to say, unable to take my eyes off MJ "um, it's just so beautiful and perfect to be here. It's a pretty thing to see, I mean, you know, a team coming together and, you know, it's...it's cute."

It's CUTE? What the hell am I saying? I sound like a hot mess! Ugh how embarrassing🙈

MJ's POV:

I cant help but laugh a little on the inside as I watch the new girl struggle to compose herself; it's always funny when chics get caught up in my dopeness and dont know how to act. I can always tell when a girl likes me, it happens too often. Forgive my honesty, I'm sure I sound like a douchebag but I'm not. I'm just a realist. That's all I'm revealing about myself for now tho, let me shut my mysterious ass up😉

"So we're a trio?" I hear Beyonce ask my dad; we all look around at eachother confused "no, all four of you are in the group" dad explains to her "you, Aaliyah, Nicki and my daughter MJ."

"Huh? Daughter?" Beyonce spins her head in my direction and eyes me up and down shamelessly; Oh wow so she thought I was a boy, huh? Haha! I love when that happens. I look over at Aaliyah and the boys and we all exchange childish giggles.