Chapter 65 - Playback

5 mins later - Beyonce's POV:

Kate has just told me all about the call she received last night and I've become so numb, I'm standing here motionless, my body completely shut down; all I can do is stare into space as my mind slowly fades into the distance and carries me away from this cruel reality; as I slip into a dream-like state, I arrive at a place I can never go back to, a time when everything was so perfect, so beautiful...💭

Once upon a time:

I'm standing outside my dad's church, back home in 5th Ward...

"I'm sorry, did you say you OWN Hustla Music?" I ask the man in front of me.

Joseph Jackson laughs at my shocked expression, "that's right, I'm the big boss at Hustla Music. And I_"

"No wayyyy!" I cover my mouth to hide the silly grin on my face; I almost cant believe it, it's too good to be true, "Hustla Music is my dream record label! That's the label PBA are signed to!"

"Absolutely! Pretty Boy Allstars is the biggest boy group on the planet and I'm the one who put them together! I made their dream come true, I can do the same for you!"

*******************************

I'm meeting MJ for the first time...

Joseph shows me off to my new girlgroup, "everyone say hello to Beyonce and introduce yourselves."

"Hey, beautiful, my name's MJ, and Joseph is my dad. Welcome to the team" a sweet voice says in a soft tone; we lock eyes.

*******************************

I'm outside the studio, having my first conversation with MJ...

She looks nervously into my eyes, "look, um, as much as I dont want you to lose your soul or that innocence you possess, I'd love for you to be part of the group. You aint gotta be in the group, but just roll with us and_"

"I'd love to be in Bad Gyal four" I cut her off, smiling confidently.

"You would?!" She flashes me a big smile.

"Yeah, why not? I dont have anything against lesbians, you know."

"But what about what my dad said about pretending you're one of us? Are you really prepared to do that?"

I think about it for a minute then finally say "if I lose my mind, promise you'll help me find it."

She looks deep in my eyes and places her hand on her heart, "I promise to take care of you on your musical journey as a member of Bad gyal four."

*******************************

We're in the car and MJ's just offended me, unintentionally....

"Beyonce....I'm sorry" her cute voice says, "I didnt think you'd take offence, my bad. Dont do this"

"That was SO rude" I look at her angrily and hurt, "Like, wow. How dare you?"

"I'm really sor_"

"The disrespect!" I exclaim in disbelief, "let me out."