Chapter 12

Jen redid the guest room for Miranda's room right when we got home early this morning. She bought a bunch of girly stuff for me but luckily Marcus told her my kind of style so most things didn't have to be brought back to the store.

I sent Aj to school today, but didn't go because I would hate to leave my depressed, lonesome, cousin with Jen. I'd hate to torture her with Disney movies and junk food but what else could I do. I have to be strong for her no matter how upset I am about this too.

When Jennifer finally finished working which took all day, Mr.Nez came and they left to get pizza for dinner. I would be suspicious about her current load of work so suddenly but my cousin needs me. It's around 9 and we're already in our pajamas finishing up the Little Mermaid. I snuck away for a while to talk to Prince who seemed concerned about our safety. I'm honestly not sure whats happening but I'm sure whomever it is will be after anyone of us soon. I just can't shake the theory that everyone is hiding something from me.

I knocked once but she just simply opened the door sitting on her loud fuzzy pink bed spread. She had a fluffy pink lamp shade that matched the pillow she was clutching, posters of Mindless Behavior and One Direction pictures hung in elaborate gold frames around the pink walls with of course lace drapes that hung all around making it even girlier. I sat in the corner by her Hello Kitty beanbag chair sinking in. It was so quiet you could here Spongebob Squarepants down the hall in Ajs room. She fixed her pink cheetah print headband which matched her camisole and pajama bottoms. Compared to her I look like a little sloven in my huge grey sweatshirt, and red flannel pants that I rolled up and put my hair in a high neat bun.

"Can I....tell you somethin' Ce."

If I wasn't listening, I wouldn't have heard her speak.

"What happened that night?"I asked waiting a few minute for her to respond.

"You can't tell a soul ok."

Oh great I'm obligated to tell Ray or Prod.

"Ok I promise..."She sighed closing her eyes for a moment.

"You know Aunt Clara who died?"

"Um yeah."

"Well did you know she's wasn't our aunt? She was our grandmother."

"Wait what?"I was confused, why would Jen and Marcus lie about my fraternal grandmother? They told me she died of natural causes well there was those markings I still can't make out.

"Yeah, before you stopped texting me last week. She was on the phone with your mom sayin' how she wished she didn't have to live like this or how her mom died too soon than what she was excepting."

"But Jen wasn't at the funeral?"

"No my step dad was, but that's not all I have to tell you."

Her eyes were starting to tear up. Her now black hair was sticking to her wet hot cheeks.

"That night they died........she kissed me good night.Which she never did and locked me in my room for the night. I was confused and a little scared because for a while I heard someone strugglin' and my brothers voice yelling, then things being broken and terrifying screams. I tried unlocking my door but I couldn't! And it all ended, I heard nothing but my door being burst open.....to...to"

She was in tears now so I gave her some tissue for her jeweled tissue box climbing on top her bed hugging her.

"I crawled away scared as hell while he was hovering over me.......with this grin and teeth so sharp they looked like fangs...but his eyes that are just........."

"Who Miranda who?"

"My step dad Ce! killed them!"She managed in tears.

"Did he tell you anything?"My voice started to crack a little,tearing as well.

"He said if I ever tell anyone.... he did it......... he'd come after me. Then he told me you better tell your cousin to "beware of the mistake she's making" and he ran off like in like a blur." She cried as I handed more tissues."Everything has changed Celina.....why me....."

I knew Prince was listening so I put her to bed, because I know she's tired from this past week.

I opened my pitch black window to nothing but a figure coming in silently.

"Hey."I said as he closed the window."I know you heard everything."I sighed as we landed on top my bed.

"Whoever this guy is he won't hurt you or your family as long as your safe with me."He looked serious even with his shades on lifting my chin to him. A tear fell but he wiped it away holding me.

"It may sound corny, but somehow......I wanna always be with you."I frowned as he handed me a rose making me feel a little bit better about someone trying to kill me and most of my family. I rolled it in my hands slowly.

"How come your roses aren't dead, it's winter or fall maybe. I'm not familiar with North weather?"I asked quietly.

"They're Vampire roses..."he grinned kissing my forehead.

"Oh, that kinda makes since.....I guess."I small grinned looking down at it.

"I want you to come with me after school."

"Why? Where are we going?"

"I have to....tell you something.....important."

The way he said it made me worried and wonder. Why couldn't he have just told me now? Was "this"that important? But then again I can't leave Miranda by herself.

I sighed.

I just wish things would just end without death but in peace.....

Old money- LDR

COMMENT

FOLLOW

VOTE